Team GB & the Worlds

Thread starter #1
I'm struggling to get much info about this. The IIHF app is quite good but I'm not sure what time zone its using. Apparently GB are on at 12 today, I don't know what time that works out as in the UK.

Also, I saw a link to a free stream on Twitter but I can't find it now. If someone's got the details that would be great.

osh

Very brief report

DOWD TREBLE LEADS GB TO FIRST VICTORY

Hat-trick hero Robert Dowd helped Great Britain to their first victory in their Ice Hockey World Championship Division 1A campaign with an overtime winner as they beat Ukraine 4-3.

Britain, who had been defeated by hosts Slovenia and then Austria - both bidding for an immediate return to the top flight - in their opening two games, had led 3-1 before eventually emerging victorious after a Ukraine fightback.

Olexander Pobyedonostsev had put Ukraine ahead only for a Dowd penalty shot to level matters.

Matthew Myers (short-handed) and Dowd put GB 3-1 in front but two goals inside 44 seconds from Sergi Klymentyev and Pobyedonostsev pulled Ukraine on equal terms.

A goalless final period resulted in overtime in which Dowd struck after 106 seconds to earn victory for Britain, who next face Japan on Thursday