Tapatalk on iPhone

You should be able to view the forum on the iphone anyway, where you can also post and reply. I personally dont see the benefit of it

TheStub

I've looked before at mobile aware style sheets for the software this forum uses (for other projects). They are either really crap, or really complicated to set-up with big design implications for other parts of the site.

It would be do-able, and I guess that better solutions now exist (it has been a year since I last looked) - but at the moment not something probably worth perusing.

Although, I do understand the benefit. I regularly post from my phone, and it would be nice to have a better mobile interface. Sometimes the download times and zooming are just that little bit annoying.

Hynod

Thread starter #5
It's not a problem (just this second learnt how to pinch and zoom, lol) I was just wondering as I use it for other forums, thanks for replies and keep up the good work.

Richie

James

Administrator
I did look for iPhone skin options for phpbb a year ago but there was nothing at all out there. I will have another look around ... I'm an iPhone whore so I'll look into it

Hynod

Thread starter #7
I notice the forum is now "a Tapatalk native" but when i try and log in via tapatalk it says forum is currently closed. Any ideas?

James

Administrator
Yes and no. Our anti spam prompt is getting triggered by it which means taptalk cant get an answer from it. I'll see if I can exclude the code from being called when accessing via taptalk

When I log onto the forum on my Nokia, I get a message saying that it is Nokia Native and asks if I want more info on Tapatalk. When I launch Tapatalk, I can't find the inferno. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong!

James

Administrator
So am I but I can't currently see the forum when I search for it. I'll check when I get to a pc, the software on the server might need updating

James

Administrator
Tapatapatapa

OK the system was refusing to verify the forum any more as it needed the server side software updating. Can you find it now ? (It's under sports / other if you want to browse rather than search)