Tait to moan in...

Sliput

In all seriousness,i thought Tait said that he still suffered with his head after ''The Voth hit''.......why would another club take on a player with a handicap ??
Or was Tait making a volcano out of a match :twisted: :twisted:

Seriously I hope he has a great year in Italy, but its also great news for us that we dont have to play agains him and Sheffield are another Brit down.

ASHIPP

Very glad for Ashley Tait that he gets an opportunity to play in Europe, he deserves it - it was what he wanted and what he said he was hoping for from the beginning of the off-season. :D

Steelers will be frustrated that they haven't managed to secure him for next season. The fans even more so as the website and local press gave the impression the club was making progress in their negociations with him. Also presents Panthers with another problem - one more option to cross off their Brit/ top forward list! But, very good as he is, he's not indispensible and there will be other options.

Finny

Big loss to Sheffield. Yes it means they will have more money to spend a top of the range import (or 2) but it leaves a big whole in their team.

For me, Sheffield won the title last season due to their strength in depth. They were able to sacrifice a 6th import forward for a 4th import defenceman, knowing that Tait and Phillips were both as good as an import. I doubt they knew in advance that Dowd would have the same effect - but he too was just as good as an import.

It meant that as well as having the best defence in the league - they also had 3 strong lines that could all score goals. If someone had an off night, there were still 2 lines out there scoring.

Now, it leaves Matsos with a tough decision. Does he try and find another brit forward and keep the 4 imports on defence. Or does he lose an import defenceman so that he keeps the strength in depth up front?

I can't think of any british players who are likely to be able to fill the forward or defensive role.

That's now Nottingham and Sheffield who have had a drop in the quality of their brits, and maybe even Belfast too. Where as Coventry and Cardiff seem to have increased theirs.

Not only am I getting more excited about our chances with each of our signings, I am also when I hear of other teams missing out on players. I can imagine Sheffield signing a quality sniper who will score 40+ goals. But if they sign two more forwards (which they must surely?) their defence will be weaker.

ASHIPP

It'll be very interesting to see the direction the Steelers' recruitment takes. Matsos says there are 2 lines of pursuit he could take depending upon recent signings/non-signings so expect he's got players waiting in the wings under negociations. The Brit issue is a difficult one to resolve for Sheffield and Nottingham. Warren Tait, Koulikov and Wallace are being discussed as options for signing now and altering the emphasis on the lines.

He only has a couple of months to learn to moan in Italian. :twisted:

Oh and don't they have a ready made replacement for Tait in Andrew Sharpe. LMAO
He did say that he could get e regular shift at any other team in the elite league. :lol: