Support Bownsy

Martynwo

Some people need to look at themselves in the mirror, or, pause and reflect on what they're about to post on social media.
I wonder what he/she/they would say to a players face if they wanted to criticise someone?
The consequences are huge regarding mental health and attracting future players etc..
I remember many a time in the WNIR we had constructive two way conversations with players after the game in the bar and it often we saw both sides and a different opinion of what we saw.

Very disappointed that people are leaving SM because of this.

Finny

Some people think that as long as they don’t tag the player in a tweet then it’s fine to criticise them. Those people don’t understand how twitter and it’s algorithms work.

The example I like to use is this:

Would you shout across the Devils bar after a game “Oh. Player X was crap tonight. Shouldn’t be in the team”
if you wouldn’t, then you shouldn’t put it on twitter. Because in both situations you have no control over who hears or sees it.

I personally don’t put criticism of players on here during the season as I don’t see how it helps. I know some posters think they know more than the coaches but they don’t. This forum is less open than twitter and so players and their families do have to go out of their way to read it, but how sad is it that we now have to advise players and their families not to come on here.
The irony of it all is that the biggest critics of players tend to be the biggest ‘snowflakes’ themselves. I remember when something like this happened a couple of years ago and I called out 4 ‘fans’ on twitter for doing so. They all either blocked me or made their profiles private within hours.

I‘m fortunate that the twitter algorithms mean I don’t see much of this nonsense at the moment. Maybe though it’s time to give these so called fans a taste of their own medicine.

Hedd Wyn John

Some people think that as long as
Some people think that as long as they don’t tag the player in a tweet then it’s fine to criticise them. Those people don’t understand how twitter and it’s algorithms work.

The example I like to use is this:

Would you shout across the Devils bar after a game “Oh. Player X was crap tonight. Shouldn’t be in the team”
if you wouldn’t, then you shouldn’t put it on twitter. Because in both situations you have no control over who hears or sees it.

I personally don’t put criticism of players on here during the season as I don’t see how it helps. I know some posters think they know more than the coaches but they don’t. This forum is less open than twitter and so players and their families do have to go out of their way to read it, but how sad is it that we now have to advise players and their families not to come on here.
The irony of it all is that the biggest critics of players tend to be the biggest ‘snowflakes’ themselves. I remember when something like this happened a couple of years ago and I called out 4 ‘fans’ on twitter for doing so. They all either blocked me or made their profiles private within hours.

I‘m fortunate that the twitter algorithms mean I don’t see much of this nonsense at the moment. Maybe though it’s time to give these so called fans a taste of their own medicine.
Twitter has a pretty powerful filter system where you can mute or block out any topics or words that don't want to seem.

Kevlar68

I'm so glad i don't use any social media at all, i'm only on here and Tripadvisor forum as a destination expert.
To be honest social media isn't going to add anything to my life and i've better things to spend my time with.
Was on Facebook when it first ever started and thought then what a load of shit and still don't get the fascination now with Twatter, Fakebook and instasham. It's mainly people saying "Look at me, look at me" or people using it to be trolls.
Anyone who actually means anything to you will have your cellphone number, your email or you meet them in person.
Good luck to Bowns tonight.