Supervision

Thread starter #1
I did see a post about kids at games not being watched a few days ago but can not find it now.

I have no problems with kids not be supervised but yesterday I was stood with my wife in the bar waiting for the pre game chat with Todd and two kids were kicking/throwing a small ball arround.

The ball hit me 3 times. Family didn’t care at all that it was happening. Rink staff and stewards and head security all walked past saw them playing and didn’t not tell them to stop.

The final straw was when my wife got hit in the side of the face full on and walked over the the parents and demanded they stopped playing as the ball had it us 4 times.

Not one apology from the parents. I don’t blame the kids for not apologising at all and they don’t look a bit shell shocked.

It’s getting a bit of a joke. I don’t mind kids being at the rink at all.

IAW need to have something in place. It’s common sense to not throw balls inside so why give it to them to come to a game.

The same goes about kids running arround. Kids/adults should not be allowed to run arround.

If IAW can’t enforce this then they need an area outside which they will not do.

If you are a parent reading this which I guess most will be. I am not knocking you but please don’t allow them to run round or play ball games around the rink.

Someone is going to get seriously hurt and am coming to watch a game of hockey is not the time to play :)