Summer Hockey - Rec teams, fixtures & news...

Thread starter #1
I wondered if anyone from the rec teams that use the forum could maybe post any home games they're due to play over the off season?

I like many am needing a hockey fix! Perhaps if there is anything going on the mods could sticky this for everyone else to keep an eye on?

Cheers

Chris

Administrator
Re: Hockey Fix over the Summer

Was just thinking about getting a sticky going again for this summer, the threads seem to have worked well before so i'll have a look when I get home about getting something at the top of the boards.

Apart from Lucas69 though, i'm not sure if there are many/any others from REC teams who use these forums.

Chris.

devilish said:
I wondered if anyone from the rec teams that use the forum could maybe post any home games they're due to play over the off season?

I like many am needing a hockey fix! Perhaps if there is anything going on the mods could sticky this for everyone else to keep an eye on?

Cheers
Titans fixtures!
Best teams in the league are generally swindon chelmsford and us so those would be the pick of the bunch if you want to see some quality close games peterborough are usually pretty good too!

08.5.11 Away Vs Solent 18.30 (confirmed)
14.5.11 Home Vs Bristol 16.30 (Confirmed)
29.5.11 Home Vs Chelmsford 20.00 (Confirmed)
04.6.11 Away Vs Chelmsford 17.15 (Confirmed)
11.6.11 Home Vs Slough 16.30 (Confirmed)
19.6.11 Away Vs Bristol 17.20 (Confirmed)
02.7.11 Away Vs Slough (Confirmed)
16.7.11 Home Vs Swindon 16.30 (Confirmed)
17.7.11 Away Vs Swindon 17.15 (Confirmed)
30.7.11 Home Vs Peterborough 16.30 (Confirmed)

Chris said:
Was just thinking about getting a sticky going again for this summer, the threads seem to have worked well before so i'll have a look when I get home about getting something at the top of the boards.

Apart from Lucas69 though, i'm not sure if there are many/any others from REC teams who use these forums.

Chris.
Chris,

Apart from the Hounds, the Titans and the Eagles, I don't believe any of the Rec teams are registered to play official fixtures!? The Comets will of course be playing as well.

The Hounds only have two more fixtures (unless the RAF Blewings reschedule the match they postponed in April) left in the pool stages of the Souther Rec Hockey Conference:

21st May 2011 Cardiff Ice Hounds v RAF Bluewings, 7pm Face off, in the Big Blue Tent; &

11th June 2011 Cardiff Ice Hounds v Cardiff Eagles, 7pm Face off, in the Big Blue Tent.

Home fixtures for the play offs will be:

3rd July 2011 for the Semis and 23rd July 2011 for the West Division Final. Hopefully this will see the Hounds go on to face the best of the East Division, which should result in a home fixture of 6th August 2011.

At the moment, the Hounds have spent most of 2011 in first place in the West, with the Army Air Corps just knocking them off the top spot on goal difference. The Hounds fancy their chances at the silverware this season, after narrowly being knocked out during their innaugral year in the Conference, during the playoffs in 2010.

The Comets up and coming home fixtures are as follows:

Saturday 30/04/11 Cardiff Comets Invicta Dynamics 6:30pm
Saturday 14/05/11 Cardiff Comets Basingstoke Bears 4:30pm
Sunday 15/05/11 Cardiff Comets Solent and Gosport Amazons 4:30pm

The Cardiff Eagles up and coming fixtures are as follows:

Saturday 21st May 2011 CARDIFF EAGLES v SOLIHULL VIPERS 4:30pm
Saturday 11th June 2011 CARDIFF ICE HOUNDS v CARDIFF EAGLES 7:00pm

With home playoff fixtures of 18th June 2011 for the semis and 23rd July 2011 for the finals (West Division).

For more information of the Eagles go to:

http://www.cardiffeagles.co.uk/

Chris

Administrator
Decided it would just be easier to sticky this topic and edit the topic title than create a new thread.

So yeah, feel free to keep bumping with whatever summer hockey news/fixtures there are :)

Chris.

Lucas69 said:
The Comets up and coming home fixtures are as follows:

Saturday 30/04/11 Cardiff Comets Invicta Dynamics 6:30pm
Saturday 14/05/11 Cardiff Comets Basingstoke Bears 4:30pm
Sunday 15/05/11 Cardiff Comets Solent and Gosport Amazons 4:30pm
Thanks for the plug :D

The Comets also have another fixture against Bracknell at home with a date TBC.

Comets fixtures can be viewed here: http://www.eiha.co.uk/SeniorLeagues/Wom ... /WNS1.aspx click on cardiff comets to just view their fixtures

Logie said:
Looking to join a rec team this year, not sure who yet but will have to go see some games i think!
I'd suggest a two pronged approach. Go see a game for each team if you can, but also go watch a training session. The ethos of each team, when it comes to training, is not always the same.
Horses for courses, as far as each team in concerned, but you're going to be forking out plenty of of your hard earned cash for the pleasure of playing your sport, so you've got to make sure that your hour or so on the ice each week is spent the way you're going to enjoy it.

Yea will be doing that, went to see the Lightning play Sat night and i know a few players. Got to get my hockey hear end of may and start going to the adult learn to play things first :)

So a few months away yet

Cardiff titans started off their summer cup campaign with a 15-5 away win against solent scorpions at gosport ice rink and now return home this coming saturday for a game against local rivals bristol maddogs. Entry is free and good seats are still available.

Chris

Administrator
With my triumphant return to Wales not happening until early June due to some nonsense with university and end of year exams, please let there be some games still being played in June :)

I only saw 3 or maybe 4 games here in Nottingham after Christmas excluding the playoffs, so I feel like i've missed out on too much hockey :p

Chris.

yes chris the summer cup that the titans play in runs through til august the best of the games will probably be at the end of this month against chelmsford but also swindon are perennial title challengers and we have a game against them in july!

And the Ice Hounds will still be chasing the top spot finish within the West, for the Southern Conference, with the playoffs taking place during july & august.