Successor to Vother

Re: Re: Re: Successor to Vother

hockeyrocker26 said:
rocketbob said:
Wannabe2 said:
Kip Brennan. ;)
240 penalty minutes in 14 KHL games. This guy would definitely put bums on seats.
He would put bums on seats but would we want a guy who has ammassed so many PIMs in such a short space of time? That's 17 pims a game!!! :eek: Entertaining no doubt but maybe a liability.

I'd go for Colt King any day! :D
Exactly. What a waste to have a player spending more time in the box than on the ice. Absolutely no thanks.... and at that level I doubt it would even be entertaining.

Re: Successor to Vother

James said:
phillipo46 said:
Wannabe2 said:
You are so far off the mark its untrue. I have seen this guy play. 61 NHL GAMES, 328 AHL GAMES, and can do this to one tough guy, T J REYNOLDS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsom40270ss
you've actually seen him play 61 nhl games and 328 ahl games or have u just read it off hockey db?
Added some punctuation in :)
Thanks i get it now, his stats show hes a pretty low point scorer with not a great +/- over his carear and alot of penalty minuets. And hes been moved on from club to club quiet a bit. It doesnt look great for him ill be honest, but ive never seen the guy play so ill bow down to wannabes superior knowledge on this one and just say. You cant judge a book buy its cover.

do we really want colt king at our club he is bad apple a bad influence in the dressing room and drinks to much beer and thats not a rumour thats coming straight from mr pope's mouth.
i think frank can do the job as a foward.
which means resigning pierce cos we all know there a double act and i dont have a problem in resigning pierce just think he needs the right blend of players with him on a line(2nd line davies frank pierce)

nebarton666 said:
do we really want colt king at our club he is bad apple a bad influence in the dressing room and drinks to much beer and thats not a rumour thats coming straight from mr pope's mouth.
i think frank can do the job as a foward.
which means resigning pierce cos we all know there a double act and i dont have a problem in resigning pierce just think he needs the right blend of players with him on a line(2nd line davies frank pierce)
Well said

:|

Perhaps G should do some poaching from smaller clubs and sign a power forward from them. Rather than spending more cash and gambling on someone being a success - sign someone we know. G has been on the ice and knows who is good and bad - perhaps snapping up colt king or poaching someone like brennan turner from dundee would be a good idea! im using turner as an example because he stands up for his teammates and puts up points on what was a 'not great' dundee offence last year. Plus i heard a rumour we were in talks with him because he knows frank!

Rempel16

Colt King bad influence in the dressing room? So much so, that when he was sacked pretty much the whole Sheffield team sided with him- hence the lack of effort for their coach in the playoffs.
Drinks too much beer? This can be attributed to a lot of imports that play over here i'm sure.

Frank as a forward? Why would he sign as a forward when he's a d-man by trade? Makes no sense! And without opening the Pierce debate again, if it means bringing Pierce back then no thanks. 8 out of 38 goals against the top three teams isn't good enough.

It is definitely an experiment to try him there! and G would know whether it is a good idea or not. Whoever it is that we bring in to replace brad needs to be a powerforward and play hockey - not a tough guy who gets PIMs!
The year we signed Weller, we started with Sawyer as a tough guy and we didnt have the greatest of starts.
Once we brought Weller in, he didnt fight, he was intimidating but not a thug - and that season was great!
So do we need someone who loses their head like Frank did at the start season?
Or do we want someone who can throw a hit like Tylor and score like .... Tylor? :D

rocketbob

Thread starter #32

Jakethejest said:
Or do we want someone who can throw a hit like Tylor and score like .... Tylor? :D
I wondered how long it would be before some mentioned Tylor. :Banana :Banana :Banana :Banana :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :Banana :Banana :Banana :Banana

he hits, he skates hard and fast, and he scores! We want someone intense and dangerous - its tylor! Hes a powerforward really! Just hes under 6 foot so you wouldnt think so! He could link up with stu again!? :eek:

rocketbob

Thread starter #34
Re: Re: Successor to Vother

Jakethejest said:
he hits, he skates hard and fast, and he scores! We want someone intense and dangerous - its tylor! Hes a powerforward really! Just hes under 6 foot so you wouldnt think so! He could link up with stu again!? :eek:
I for one would LOVE to see Tylor back, but A) It is unfortunately never going to happen. B) I am not sure even Tylor could fill Mr Voth's shoes.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Would like to see someone like Kevin Bergin Replace Voth or maybe someone like Szwez/Robbins but also have a Big D Man who can rough it up as well, not only with fights but can lay the body too, i feel we are not physical enough in front of our own net.

Someone like Brian Lee, Tim Cook, Scott Langdon maybe someone in that build to partner Richie (if he is back) or Kenton so they have more of a free roll to get forward.

We've already got our tough guy.

Chris Frank is more than tough enough for this league and we all know he's not a bad player either.

As for taking silly penalties.... big Brad did plenty of that in his time also. Its all about G defining the rules.

BRING BACK CHRIS FRANK !!!

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Would like to see someone like Kevin Bergin Replace Voth or maybe someone like Szwez/Robbins but also have a Big D Man who can rough it up as well, not only with fights but can lay the body too, i feel we are not physical enough in front of our own net.

Someone like Brian Lee, Tim Cook, Scott Langdon maybe someone in that build to partner Richie (if he is back) or Kenton so they have more of a free roll to get forward.
Wouldn't disagree with the Swez (spelling) option but Kevin Bergin..... you've got to be joking ?

rocketbob said:
Wannabe2 said:
Kip Brennan. ;)
240 penalty minutes in 14 KHL games. This guy would definitely put bums on seats.
He's one of the toughest guys in any hockey league, handed Brett Clouthier his ass in the CHL last season, and beat Derek Boogaard Chris McAllister and Mike Sgroi clearly as well in the past.. And he can play for a big guy, would probable put up between 30-40pts in the EIHL..

rocketbob said:
Sheincar said:
rocketbob said:
I have to say, I would like to see Colt King in a Devils shirt.
Especially in a game against Sheffield!!!
Yeah it would be lovely to see the look on Finnerty's face when Colt came onto the ice. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
Finnerty is bench coaching next season only... Bad back means he will not be playing.