Storm Vs Devils - League - 6th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

OJLloyd

I really hesitated before paying for this.

Pleased we’re winning, and we had at least two very good other opportunities (save and post respectively).

To echo others, this is very much a game for the purists. The physicality is non-existent. I expected something early for a little pick me up following recent performances.

I’m not sure if it’s the way the audio is fed into the stream, but it sounds like a practice session. Zero crowd noise and it’s making the atmosphere on the stream very stale.

kettdevil1

I really hesitated before paying for this.

Pleased we’re winning, and we had at least two very good other opportunities (save and post respectively).

To echo others, this is very much a game for the purists. The physicality is non-existent. I expected something early for a little pick me up following recent performances.

I’m not sure if it’s the way the audio is fed into the stream, but it sounds like a practice session. Zero crowd noise and it’s making the atmosphere on the stream very stale.
The commentary booth is tucked away in the corner so it always seems as though it is played in an empty atmosphere. There are a fair number of Devils fans here and it’s definitely noisier than Sheffield or Coventry!

OJLloyd

The commentary booth is tucked away in the corner so it always seems as though it is played in an empty atmosphere. There are a fair number of Devils fans here and it’s definitely noisier than Sheffield or Coventry!
Ahh that explains that then. He’s not a terrible commentator (ahem, Belfast) it just sounds a little disconnected.

This would be why.

kettdevil1

Ahh that explains that then. He’s not a terrible commentator (ahem, Belfast) it just sounds a little disconnected.

This would be why.
I feel sorry for him because his view is awful and he is basically tucked into a corner of the building. Think if you had to commentate at the very top of the away block in the BBT next to the blue tarpaulin, that’s basically what he is up against!