Stingrays v Devils - 26/03 - 7:00pm - Playoff - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ returns from somewhere less sunny than this country to host the game and as always can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Eight meetings with Stingrays this season have yielded seven wins and a draw for the Devils but Stingrays player coach Cloutier is hoping his team can cause an upset and progress to the playoff’s in Nottingham.

Cloutier had this to say -
“We have had a good week of practice and the guys are ready. There has been a buzz this week and they are excited."
“We know we have a tough hill to climb. Cardiff have been the best team in the league this year and they will be hurting after losing the title the way they did."
“They are a solid hockey club, they have three lines who score a lot of goals, they have great goaltending and a solid defensive unit."
“We will need to be extremely disciplined and keep our emotions in check. But there is no pressure on us - it is all on them. They are the ones who were expected to win the title and who are expected to win a trophy this year."
“They have had our number this year but we will go out there, compete hard and enjoy it.
“We want to come out hard tomorrow night and get the crowd behind us. We have seen before when the arena is full there is a great atmosphere and they can be a seventh man out there for us."

Hull Stingrays' net minder Christian Boucher says he can handle the pressure in this weekend's back-to-back play-off clashes with Cardiff Devils. He had this to say -

"We will be the underdogs, but it's a challenge to take them on."

Line up wise the Finnish forward Matti Uusivirta will return to the Stingray's line-up after missing the last four games through injury.

The Devils will be at full strength with the return of Kenton Smith.

Chris.

Ger-Devils

I know your uni work/certain University based companies are annoying you as of late but here's some info.

Devils will be missing K Smith unless his progress has improved- I know he was skating again last week but how close to a return, I don't know.

Stingrays are pretty much at full capacity as far as I'm aware

kettdevil1

Ger-Devils said:
I know your uni work/certain University based companies are annoying you as of late but here's some info.

Devils will be missing K Smith unless his progress has improved- I know he was skating again last week but how close to a return, I don't know.

The Echo suggests that a late decision will be made about Kenton so there is still a hope that we will be at full strength for the first time in some time. Burrows also plays although given that he will also be playing for the ENL Devils at the weekend I suspect his shifts will be fairly limited.

Stingrays appear not to have any new injury problems and clearly we will have to keep a close eye of Jermaine Tendler who along with Pelle is the only player to score 50 goals this season. Jason Silverthorn will also be a key player whilst Josef Sladok got into an entertaining bout with Brad last time we went up there.

We lead the head to head with 7 wins from 8 games, the remaining game was a 3-3 draw at the Hull Arena.

Hopefully we can repeat our Sky form when we tonked them 12-0 at the BBT but that does seem like a bit of a freak result and I would imagine that this would be a tough and close match up.

Ger-Devils

kettdevil1 said:
Ger-Devils said:

The Echo suggests that a late decision will be made about Kenton so there is still a hope that we will be at full strength for the first time in some time. Burrows also plays although given that he will also be playing for the ENL Devils at the weekend I suspect his shifts will be fairly limited.

Stingrays appear not to have any new injury problems and clearly we will have to keep a close eye of Jermaine Tendler who along with Pelle is the only player to score 50 goals this season. Jason Silverthorn will also be a key player whilst Josef Sladok got into an entertaining bout with Brad last time we went up there.

Are you going up on Sat?
We lead the head to head with 7 wins from 8 games, the remaining game was a 3-3 draw at the Hull Arena.

Hopefully we can repeat our Sky form when we tonked them 12-0 at the BBT but that does seem like a bit of a freak result and I would imagine that this would be a tough and close match up.

ASHIPP

James said:

Kenton returneth...whoohoo! :D A wonderful player who has been missed out there. Great news.

This will be a very tough game - many teams have found them difficult to play against in their own arena. The usual disciplined, simple, aggressive and tenacious formula that has defined the Devils will hopefully bring our guys the good result they deserve.

TheStub

Re: Re: Stingrays v Devils - 26/03 - 7:00pm - Playoff - Chat/Upd

Nott Simpson said:
I will text THe Stub
If you want to gtalk, I have that available too. Give me a shout.

We have arrived in Scunthorpe, so opposite bank of the Humber. It is overcast and chilly. Can't wait to get to the rink and get my chips and chip spice.

Ger-Devils

Re: Re: Stingrays v Devils - 26/03 - 7:00pm - Playoff - Chat/Upd

TheStub said:
Nott Simpson said:
I will text THe Stub
If you want to gtalk, I have that available too. Give me a shout.

We have arrived in Scunthorpe, so opposite bank of the Humber. It is overcast and chilly. Can't wait to get to the rink and get my chips and chip spice.
Shorts and flip flops it is then! We're on our way on the m50 so not far to go.....

Can someone at the game take a photo of the jerseys with the green numbering and post it on here please? Won't be at the game tomorrow to see them, they sound quite nice. A Welsh team should have a bit of green in their kit!

Cheers in advance.