Stingrays v Devils - 13/09 7:30pm - CC - Chat & Updates

ASHIPP

Think we can say it would take a miracle to pull back that score. Well playedStingrays - Tendler and Silver especially.

And these CC games will only get tougher - Panthers, Steelers and Blaze all up next. lol! Better have a game plan sorted out by then.
:shock: :(

Just to remind everyone, there is no draw in chanllenge cup this year. I did email a few times to mhl but nothing was mentioned.

CHALLENGE CUP 2012-13
July 31, 2012

Rapid Solicitors Elite League press release

The Rapid Solicitors Elite League wish to confirm some rule changes to the Challenge Cup for season 2012-13.

All Challenge Cup group matches will now go to overtime and penalty shots to decide a winner. This is a change to the previous rule where the score at 60 minutes would count.

The Cup, as usual, will be split into two groups of five. Braehead Clan, Belfast Giants, Dundee Stars, Edinburgh Capitals and Fife Flyers will compete in Group A, with Cardiff Devils, Coventry Blaze, Hull Stingrays, Nottingham Panthers and Sheffield Steelers playing in Group B.

A quarter-final round has been introduced from season 2012-13 and these will be played over two legs. The format for the knockout stages are as follows:
Group A winner (A1) v Group B fourth place (B4)
Group A second place (A2) v Group B third place (B3)
Group B winner (B1) v Group A fourth place (A4)
Group B second place (B2) v Group A third place (A3)

The winners will progress to the two-legged semi-finals where the format will be:
A1/B4 v B2/A3
B1/A4 v A2/B3

The two remaining teams will progress to the two-legged final.

In the knockout stages, first-leg matches will only be counted until 60 minutes (no overtime or penalties), but the deciding second leg will have a five-minute overtime period (four-on-four) and penalty shots if necessary. Each side will take three penalty shots and, if scores are still level after three shots, sudden-death penalties will follow.

Nottingham Panthers are the current Challenge Cup champions and have won the tournament for the past three years. Last year, the Panthers beat Belfast Giants 10-4 over two legs.

Tags: CHALLENGE CUP 2012-13

Ger-Devils

Disappointing but only thing I can think of is - no ice since Sunday's game.

Situation could have been better but move on and prepare for Sunday v Clan. Ice is done and the NIHL are training on there tonight.

7-5 :DWD
Sack the coach
Sack Faulkner her rubbish
Shoot didiomete
Make them all walk home too seems they need the exercise after conceeding all the SH goals!!!
Lazy devils

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Panthers name is already engraved on the CC cup, great team effort it seemed despite the score and what a gem mac has turned out to be!!
Galbraith meet your match and bow down to him

:Banana :pickle :Banana

Gazza272

Ger-Devils said:
Disappointing but only thing I can think of is - no ice since Sunday's game.

Situation could have been better but move on and prepare for Sunday v Clan. Ice is done and the NIHL are training on there tonight.

I think this year is the year we cant afford to have excuses like no ice.

At the moment Deeds doesnt appear to be the spark plug he promised he would be. And I think an Adams team needs that.

We need to be tough on this team this year, it has a bag full of potential which will be squashed if we make excuses for them imo.

Stingrays were an import down, have an untested Brit starter and have signed some players with poor pedigrees.

We need to be winning these games.

It was just an observation that's all Gaz. Players not had any sort of training together at all since that game. Not an ideal start to a season but as you say, G needs to push them this year. Set the standard high and stick to it.

We know they can play better than this.

Wannabe2

7 goals against, not being funny but what is that all about, no disrespect to hull but what are we doing. Think we just might be above that or are we. No disrestect to Hull well played guys ,but where were we, on holidays maybe.

voth26

great to see mac is seemimgly scoring for fun, but we cant expect mac to score all the goals the other lines have to start playing now, i didnt hear any other names mentioned apart from mac, blight and max ( although that may have been because there werent many devils fans travelled?)Hopefully a Big lesson learnt tonight and a vast improvement needed for braeheads visit,
Alao when was the last time phil/devils conceeded 7 goals!!!!