Stingrays v Devils - 03/10 - 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates...

James

Administrator
DevilDom said:
If it is 5 + match - can it be reversed, if the ref allows?
The ref can downgrade if if he thinks it was wrong in retrospect. It can and does happen. Any ban less than 3 games can't be contested though. The Ref would need to downgrade it of his own volition not due to the Devils asking him too.

DevilDom

Thanks James. Seems unlikely that will happen, so we'll almost definitely be without Sawyer for the Giants game which is a real shame as I think we'll now get a good beating over there with 2 imports down. A shame for the fans (like me!) going out there who were hoping to see us putting up a good show.

It did happen last season actually, with the Voth v Campbell incident. The decision actually went in our favour, which was rather surprising.

ASHIPP

TheStub said:
Sounds like they have a solid netminder, and just wanted it more in the third. Yes, 3-1 up we should have be home and coasting, but 2 goals aren't much in hockey.
2 goals isn't much....except in this case the difference between winning the game and getting 2 away points instead of 1 point to strengthen their position in a very tough Cup group. Devils still have Nottingham and Coventry to play away in the CC Cup - what are the odds of winning at those difficult rinks?

From the reviews, it certainly sounds like the Stingrays had a strong defence/netminder - frustrating the Devils' forward lines. However, it appears that the forwards had already done all the hard work to get the team ahead at 3-1.......only for all the work to be undone at the other end? :? Credit to the Stingrays for drawing level in an exciting opening game for them.

Next weekend is a concern. It's almost a given that we can right off the Belfast game as a loss, with or without Sawyer. As for Dundee at the Tent, potentially missing Sawyer and Vother could still be bad news. :eek: Dundee are getting closer and closer to a win every week - look at their results.

DevilDom said:
Thanks James. Seems unlikely that will happen, so we'll almost definitely be without Sawyer for the Giants game which is a real shame as I think we'll now get a good beating over there with 2 imports down. A shame for the fans (like me!) going out there who were hoping to see us putting up a good show.
We are also two imports down at the minute.. Benedict and Mason... The way we played last night it showed we were two good players down, and were lucky enough to take the win..

Stingrays normally have highlights of their games up pretty quickly so people can see for themselves if Sawyer deserves a ban or not.. But if it was a sucker punch then a game ban would probable be about right, if not then Carson should reverse the call..

TheStub

Re: Re: Stingrays v Devils - 03/10 - 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates.

Wannabe2 said:
When a skater is skating towards you, and you are facing him how can you possibly call a sucker punch.
Is that what happened?

Finny

devils2001uk said:
Finny said:
Penalty was definately 100% a Match.
we had allready work that one out , all match pens get looked at by the eihl, so a match pen isnt allways just one match
The post was a reply to DevilDom who suggested again it could be 5+match.

A

Anonymous

I can't give an opinion, I wasn't there. Were you?
Nope, but I don't have to be, 1 goal from 24 shots is a shite statistic. I didn't realise that you are only allowed to comment on games you actually watch. Someone should of said. Infact, can someone kindly email me the Inferno rule book?

TheStub

James said:
Its not really a rubbish statistic. It's just the statistic you get with a goalie with a .96 save percentage :)
Which is poor if you look at NHL netminders. .98 is about decent.

Ah the good thing about sport.... sometimes the underdog wins (or in this case draw)

Thank god really, otherwise we would never ever beat the Giants, Panthers, Blaze, Steelers

Just to clarify what I saw.

6'5 Jozef Sladok grabs Pelle (possibly, high and he possibly also throws in a cross check in there too although I didn't see this) in front of Boucher. A scrum starts to the right of Boucher with Grundmanis, Sladok's defensive partner, stood in the crease not doing much facing the blueline but looking at the scrum if I remember correctly.

Sawyer skates in from somewhere, I think the blueline, punches Grundmanis, who like Sladok is 6'5, square in the face and sends him flying into the goal. Now, either Grundmanis did something that no one in the Arena saw or Sawyer got it horribly wrong. I'm 99% pretty sure it's the latter.

I can see why Sawyer did it, a 6'5 defenceman was all over your key player. However, if he had gone about it a little differently and firstly picked the right player and then requested a fight, then the Devils may have been a better off because Sladok would probably have dropped them and they both would have received 5 minutes. In this case he got it wrong and instead got what I'm pretty sure was announced as 5+game for a sucker punch.

Just my take anyway, pretty much as I said in my blog.

Kipper

TheStub said:
James said:
Its not really a rubbish statistic. It's just the statistic you get with a goalie with a .96 save percentage :)
Which is poor if you look at NHL netminders. .98 is about decent.
Are you serious? :lol: Where's the NHL goalies with .98 save percentage?