Stevie Lyle

kettdevil1

Thread starter #1
According to my very rough calculations....

Stevie has not conceeded a goal for 2 hours 2 minutes and 21 seconds.

Surely that is getting close to a Devils record?

TheStub

You are right, Stevie has a 2 hour 2 minute 21 second shut out streak running. Obviously back to back shut out games ;-)

As we said in the month round up article - Stevie is certainly hitting form for us.

Mind you, only facing 17 shots has to help.

TheStub

What is the league record for shut out minutes?

I suppose it isn't the kind of stat we keep in this country. Maybe consecutive shutouts.

Scott

Good to see him finding some form, also good to see the D really limiting the shots on him. Lyle is picking his good and bad games well lately, by choice or not, he's having bad games against Vipers (down at the tent anyways) but kick-ass ones to teams like Belfast and Nottingham.

Let's hope he builds up even more confidence.

Stevie shut out record is not even a CLUB RECORD but as its ongoing he will hopefully soon break it.

In the 1999 Superleague playoffs Finals (3/4 April) Derek Herlofsky had a shut out in the semi-final against Manchester Storm (5-0) and was only beaten at 59:48 in the final against Nottingham (Devils winning 2-1).

Herlofsky didnt play in the two playoff games the previous weekend Stevie Lyle did.

On 25 March when the Devils lost at home to Nottingham (3-1) Herlofsky was beated at 54:52 for Panthers go ahead goal.

Panthers 3rd goal at 59:55 was an empty net goal.

Herlofsky was therefore not beaten for 124 minutes 56 seconds minus the time he was lifted which was probably less than a minute.

Stevie Lyle therefore has to keep a clean sheet for around 2 minutes to break Herly's record.

OJ

James

Administrator
Looking at the inferno stats engine, Stevie had back to back shutouts last year in February, and Aubs the year before in October and January

ASHIPP

We are starting to see the return of the Stevie Lyle we remember from last season - 2 consecutive shutouts and really contributing to the game and improving his stats. Last year, at times, he kept the Devils in games. So glad his confidence has returned - no co-incidence that that tough 6 games in 9 days brought out the best in the players.....and with Craig's arrival, it just gets better and better. :cool:

Finny

Can't check til I get home tomorrow, but pretty certain Lyle had back to back shut outs last season which set the record to around 135 mins

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
We are starting to see the return of the Stevie Lyle we remember from last season - 2 consecutive shutouts and really contributing to the game and improving his stats. Last year, at times, he kept the Devils in games. So glad his confidence has returned - no co-incidence that that tough 6 games in 9 days brought out the best in the players.....and with Craig's arrival, it just gets better and better. :cool:
p.s. He has overtaken Jaeger (Blaze), with only Muskatovs with more shutouts. His save % ratio is improving slowly - he has moved from 7th to 5th in the stats league in just a month. :cool:

TheStub

Re: Re: Stevie Lyle

ASHIPP said:
p.s. He has overtaken Jaeger (Blaze), with only Muskatovs with more shutouts. His save % ratio is improving slowly - he has moved from 7th to 5th in the stats league in just a month. :cool:
Which is why I thought it was good to do monthly roundups. May have to start doing it for the whole league.

Last month he was on 0.925. He may be over 0.930. But, so far in December he is on 1.000 with a 0.00 GAA. :lol:

Poor old Stevie has dropped from 31st sexiest man in Wales last year to out of the top 50 altogether, but Paul Ragan is now number 43.

Bet the dressing room will have a field day with that one :lol: :lol:

Every game is now a big test for Stevie. If he lets in a soft, early goal on Sunday, I think the D will really need to tighten up to protect him for the rest of the game.

Sheincar

BBW said:
Poor old Stevie has dropped from 31st sexiest man in Wales last year to out of the top 50 altogether, but Paul Ragan is now number 43.

Bet the dressing room will have a field day with that one :lol: :lol:
Sounds like someone should have gone to Specsavers!!

Finny

Having finally got out of bed, I've checked my stats.

Lyle holds the record from last season with a total shut-out spell of 165 minutes and 53 seconds.

He currently stands at 122 minutes and 21 seconds. So he would have to shut out Dundee tonight for over half the game to break his own record.