Steelers Woe

kettdevil1

Aren't we playing up there next Saturday.....actually prefer Ice Sheffield as a venue but for the sake of the Steelers I hope that this will be in the Arena.

ASHIPP

Don't recall much sympathy from their lot during any of our troubled times. They at least have secondary options for local ice venues. In our first season at BBT the team had to play its first 20 (I think) 'home games' in Basingstoke whilst our home was being completed. Just think how difficult that was for our fans and the Club.

Their team is playing well at the moment. The fans can take comfort in that....and fight over limited ticket availabilty!

ASHIPP said:
Don't recall much sympathy from their lot during any of our troubled times. They at least have secondary options for local ice venues. In our first season at BBT the team had to play its first 20 (I think) 'home games' in Basingstoke whilst our home was being completed. Just think how difficult that was for our fans and the Club.

Their team is playing well at the moment. The fans can take comfort in that....and fight over limited ticket availabilty!
It was only 1 'Home' game @ Basingstoke and 1 'Home' game @ Coventry. I also think the first 3 games that season were Away games. All this after the Newcastle Home game of course.

ASHIPP

rogue123 said:
ASHIPP said:

It was only 1 'Home' game @ Basingstoke and 1 'Home' game @ Coventry. I also think the first 3 games that season were Away games. All this after the Newcastle Home game of course.

Who could forget our first ever home game at BBT and that was cancelled due to ice issues.

Sheincar

rogue123 said:
ASHIPP said:

Until Nov/Dec all our games were played away or "at home" at Basingstoke or Coventry. No second rink like Sheffield have.

drainage

Sheincar said:
rogue123 said:
ASHIPP said:

Until Nov/Dec all our games were played away or "at home" at Basingstoke or Coventry. No second rink like Sheffield have.
Yes I recall the first game I could attend was in the Nov ....we had a hard start to our life as a team!

drainage

ASHIPP said:
rogue123 said:
ASHIPP said:

Who could forget our first ever home game at BBT and that was cancelled due to ice issues.
Yes and only finding out when at the roundabout by the rink !

mazza03

My daughter and I arrive early 4ish to set up for 50/50 and they were going to sell stuff, but then had to pack everything back up, very disappointing night but you could see the sand through the ice. :DWD