Steelers v DEVILS - Sun 12 Mar 2017 - League - FO 5pm - Chat/Updates

Rob Batch

I expected last night to be more of a feisty affair than it was. We've seen that all season. That was a big game for the Steelers and a nothing game for us. We simply concentrate on beating our nearest rival, with the advantage of home ice, easy!

Last edited:

Wannabe2

I expected last night to be more of a feisty affair than it was. We've seen that all season. That was a big game for the Steelers and a nothing game for us. We simply concentrate on beating our nearest rivals, with the advantage of home ice, easy!
That was a big game for us, and a nothing game for Steelers in my book. Think you just may have that the wrong way around bud.???????????

Devil_Abroad

Only seen 2 mins of the highlights so far and 3 blatant missed calls from Pering - penalty on Sarich for goalie interference - yup - if an attacking player pushes a defenceman onto netminder that's a penalty Mr Pering. Haddad assessed a 2 min minor for tripping Phillips when he was impeded by Phillips from skating through to the puck - yup - 2 minute minor for interference Mr Pering. 2 Steelers enter the crease and remain there well before the puck enters the crease on the power play - yup - call played dead face off outside defensive zone Mr Pering.

Awful officiating - and that's just 2 mins of the highlights a third of which was Bowns down injured and then coming off the ice!

Sheesh EIHL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob Batch

Penalties killed us, definately. I feel the Steelers were always going to win that game, for a number of reasons. We already earned our 2 points from the week-end so not to get 2 more in Sheffield doesn't rock our boat! That is why I suggested it was a 'nothing' game, it was one you would expect to lose. I know this team will succeed.

Wannabe2

Penalties killed us, definately. I feel the Steelers were always going to win that game, for a number of reasons. We already earned our 2 points from the week-end so not to get 2 more in Sheffield doesn't rock our boat! That is why I suggested it was a 'nothing' game, it was one you would expect to lose. I know this team will succeed.
Rob when your trying to win the league, that has evaded you for 20 yrs, there's no such thing as a nothing game. All those Devils fans didn't travel on a Sunday, to watch a nothing game. We need 4 points all games are mega important towards that goal. Don't get where your coming from one iota.????

I get where Robs coming from Glynne, just don't think he has phrased it very well. ( I believe he's foreign) Whilst , as you rightly said, there are no nothing games. Of the games we have left, the ones against Sheffield up there would be the two we would leàst expect the points from. We know nothing is guaranteed in this league but we would expect to beat Fife down here and then go hell for leather into Belfast. Hopefully, the Giants have a collective brain fart on Friday and leave us needing just the one win. It would be lovely to win it in Sheffield but our fans deserve another trophy, presented properly by someone from the league, not just dropped on a table for the players to go get themselves.

Rob Batch

Rob when your trying to win the league, that has evaded you for 20 yrs, there's no such thing as a nothing game. All those Devils fans didn't travel on a Sunday, to watch a nothing game. We need 4 points all games are mega important towards that goal. Don't get where your coming from one iota.????
We both want the same thing, we are both stating the obvious in many ways, just slightly differently. Skinning a cat springs to mind . PS I Luv animals !!

Rob Batch

I get where Robs coming from Glynne, just don't think he has phrased it very well. ( I believe he's foreign) Whilst , as you rightly said, there are no nothing games. Of the games we have left, the ones against Sheffield up there would be the two we would leàst expect the points from. We know nothing is guaranteed in this league but we would expect to beat Fife down here and then go hell for leather into Belfast. Hopefully, the Giants have a collective brain fart on Friday and leave us needing just the one win. It would be lovely to win it in Sheffield but our fans deserve another trophy, presented properly by someone from the league, not just dropped on a table for the players to go get themselves.
Yep ! Timbuktoo....