Steelers v Devils - 20/02 - 5:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

voth26 said:
stub i have to ask do you intend to blame voth for everything that goes wrong for the rest of the season!!!!, whilst i accept voth isnt playing well i dont think that the way the TEAM is playing is all down to him max hasnt been playing that well for a while and lyle has also cost us goals and games, my question has nothing to do with my user name either, just seems voth is becoming the scapegoat for the TEAM's change of form
Agree

Gaz G

Radical but perhaps since Ragan announced that the Steelers budget was much bigger hense many of there players being on better wages and that horrible speech last night about the steelers at our own rink.....maybe just maybe the players heads and thoughts are else where.

I think everyone needs to chill. This team has done a good job up until now and yes they are falling apart at present but we need to get behind them and build there confidence back up over the next month, if we want them to stand a chance at the playoffs. Come on boys I believe in you!!!!! :D

Gaz G

Old17New2 said:
I think everyone needs to chill. This team has done a good job up until now and yes they are falling apart at present but we need to get behind them and build there confidence back up over the next month, if we want them to stand a chance at the playoffs. Come on boys I believe in you!!!!! :D
Thats fine but it seems something has gone drastically wrong. What it is is the main question. Until people find out it all the noise and backing may not be enough.

You can't blame Voth for everything. That said, a lot of the team (Symmonds, Hill, Birbraer to name a few) have suffered from friendly Voth fire lately so his head clearly isn't in the game right now.

Let's hope we can get the wheels back on in time for the playoffs.

I know that but thats for them to find and sort. We need to just support them like we have in the past, and not point fingers it don't help when they are low thats all I'm saying!!! :D

A

Anonymous

Why when you lose games does it have to be someone's fault? Maybe the opposition scored more goals than we did, maybe thats the solitary problem. IF BUT MAYBE.

Gaz G

Zed said:
Why when you lose games does it have to be someone's fault? Maybe the opposition scored more goals than we did, maybe thats the solitary problem. IF BUT MAYBE.
Not long over a month ago we beat them 7-1 in their own barn. Think that says it all.

A

Anonymous

Gaz G said:
Zed said:
Not long over a month ago we beat them 7-1 in their own barn. Think that says it all.
Yeah it says you win some and you lose some. Thats the beauty of sport. Would you prefer it to be predictable?

We are having our bad run at the worst time and we all know it would come. It happens every season. We either start the season so bad noone can see us getting anywhere then suddenly we start playing like a top team or its the other way round but that is not going to make me point fingers at anyone, they win as a team and lose as a team it just horrible timing!!! :D

Gaz G

Zed said:
Gaz G said:
Zed said:
Yeah it says you win some and you lose some. Thats the beauty of sport. Would you prefer it to be predictable?
Not at all but I'd prefer to know how you can go from total dominance to being totally dominated. Lose by the odd goal fine but not by tonights margin.

Not at all but I'd prefer to know how you can go from total dominance to being totally dominated. Lose by the odd goal fine but not by tonights margin.[/quote]

Well being 3 players down could have had something to do with it !!

dmd said:
LWootten said:
I'll say it again. There's a complete lack of direction from the bench. Adams needs to step down and bench the team for the remainder of the season and my bet is he'll do a damn good job up there and bring us the playoff trophy (the only trophy that matters :) ) He's an average player at best now and he's got to put his ego ( or whatever else is keeping him playing) to one side and do what's best for the team.
Are you serious ? his ego !!! he is playing because he has to why dont you go have a chat with the owner maybe he will listen to you .
Don't appreciate your attitude mate. It's hard to imagine it's a budget issue in my mind with the amount of backroom staff we have. I say in my post it could be something else keeping him playing but he's not the best player on the ice, yes he does play with passion some players would die for but he's our coach and he needs to do this now. I mean I don't get this forum I put my opinion forward and people like you just remark with this silly comments.

A

Anonymous

5-2 when you consider:

Confidence down after losing last night
Having Tylor banned unfairly for 5 games
Sam Smith injured
Mark Smith injured.
Biased ref.
Under confident NM

As someone just posted we win and lose as a team, blaming individuals is not always justified. like I say maybe its a case of the other team scoring more goals than us, bounce of the puck, the weather, who knows? That makes me laugh too, G should coach from the bench? Isn't Ben Simon player coach? Where are they in the league? Oh yeah ....... Come on guys !!!

LWootten said:
dmd said:
LWootten said:
I'll say it again. There's a complete lack of direction from the bench. Adams needs to step down and bench the team for the remainder of the season and my bet is he'll do a damn good job up there and bring us the playoff trophy (the only trophy that matters :) ) He's an average player at best now and he's got to put his ego ( or whatever else is keeping him playing) to one side and do what's best for the team.
Are you serious ? his ego !!! he is playing because he has to why dont you go have a chat with the owner maybe he will listen to you .
Don't appreciate your attitude mate. It's hard to imagine it's a budget issue in my mind with the amount of backroom staff we have. I say in my post it could be something else keeping him playing but he's not the best player on the ice, yes he does play with passion some players would die for but he's our coach and he needs to do this now. I mean I don't get this forum I put my opinion forward and people like you just remark with this silly comments.

I am not your mate and as i said why dont you go and speak to the staff about budget issuesand is a silly comment one that doesnt agree with you ?

dmd said:

The way you portray your opinion is yes. I respect your opinion I doubt you respect mine. But I'm happy to back my opinion from how I see it, we've got a very skilled team an awesome player in Craig Weller who will play again in the NHL and a very well run club behind the scenes, and the budget for a player coach and a bench coach, I can't see how Neil Francis is doing the job for free although he may not be on much. I think Adams does need to go onto the bench and coach the team he's put together because I do think he's put a quality team together.

LWootten said:
dmd said:

The way you portray your opinion is yes. I respect your opinion I doubt you respect mine. But I'm happy to back my opinion from how I see it, we've got a very skilled team an awesome player in Craig Weller who will play again in the NHL and a very well run club behind the scenes, and the budget for a player coach and a bench coach, I can't see how Neil Francis is doing the job for free although he may not be on much. I think Adams does need to go onto the bench and coach the team he's put together because I do think he's put a quality team together.

But do you not understand that if G was not playing we would be an import down on the ice he is playing because he has been told he has to play . As for not respecting your opinion come speak to me at a game you will find i am very happy to talk hockey my name is Debbie Chapman i stand by the entrance .

dmd said:
LWootten said:
dmd said:

But do you not understand that if G was not playing we would be an import down on the ice he is playing because he has been told he has to play . As for not respecting your opinion come speak to me at a game you will find i am very happy to talk hockey my name is Debbie Chapman i stand by the entrance .
I do understand that we would be an import down but compared to other teams we wouldn't be because we have a British netminder. I will concede that this perhaps isn't the best time for him to get onto the bench what with injuries and suspensions but can you not understand my point that a coach really needs to just coach he's obviously got the skills but playing and coaching doesn't really work.