Steelers v Devils - 08/09/12 - Face Off 7pm - Chat & Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Hey hey ! Its finally opening night !

Our only slighlty biased game preview is up on the front page, or you can check it out by clicking here

If you’re not going up to Sheffield as always well be running the “Childish and amazingly Biased” Match Night Live service for these games, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to help out by texting updates (we’d be happy to hear from you) or chip in with some comments on the night please contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com.

Chris

Administrator
Re: Steelers Vs Devils - 08/09/12 - Face Off 7pm- Chat & Upd

If anyone is heading up and wants, or could help us out with some disgustingly biased texts from Sheffield, could you give Steve or myself a pm/text, MNL is running but just looking for a few more people to spread the coverage :)

Other than that, sort of slightly excited for this game, i've missed all the 'friendlies' so first chance to see the team, hopefully it's a better showing than the last two seasons for the opening game of the season :D

Do we have any idea why Hill wan't playing last night? Can we expect him back for this game?

James

Administrator

I'm going Chris so can provide Steve with some biased coverage

dave

Phil has a reoccurring issue with his back. Flared up in morning. If it was a league game he would have played.
Franny says due in line up on weekend.

Re: Steelers v Devils - 08/09/12 - Face Off 7pm - Chat & Upd

I'm going on Saturday so can provide some updates if you want. Drop me a pm with the number. :)

We have a full coach of 50 people going up, im sure that there will be plenty of people who will be willing to help out with MNL.

DevilDom

Interesting that the latest Walesonline article suggests G will play forward against Shuff. I'd have thought that having 3 warm up games where he played D he would stay there. Mind you, it wouldn't be the 1st time they were wrong!

Chris

Administrator

I've not read the article, but could Adams playing as a forward possibly be linked to Hills injury? I know it's been mentioned that he should be ok, or at least hopefully but it's not been confirmed anywhere yet has it?

Paul Sullivan

Don't forget though Dom in those warmup games Jamie Milam wasn't here.

Could all be part of the master plan *insert evil laugh*.

It's a dilemma for me. I love to see G play up front as his mean streak makes room for his line mates, but that same streak means I think he has been one of our most consistent D-men over the last few seasons.

Good to have the option though and I am keen to hear how this team performs on the larger ice surface.

DevilDom

Yeah, good points all. I just like G on the ice full stop. Has qualities playing both forward and D and brings masses of leadership. As you say, good to have the option.

No offence meant to Adam and Luke, as I think they're both great, but a third line of Bari-Ben-G would worry the opposition mitre than Adam or Luke instead of G.

wildthing74

If we have 5 other fit D I'd rather see G on 3rd line too with Ben and Bari as I would think we would have the least experienced 3rd line in our conference if it was Harding instead of G.
It's perfect having a 10/11th forward but I don't see either Harding or Piggsy being able to play 9th forward all season.It took Ben quite a few seasons to be ready for a regular shift and I would love to be wrong but are Adam or Luke ready?

Best of luck to the Devils as they take on the Steelers.

Thank God for MNL as I am in Canada/USA for another few weeks before returning to hopefully host MNL.

To my regualar texters I will be back soon to pester them.

OJ

wildthing74

Nott Simpson said:
Best of luck to the Devils as they take on the Steelers.

Thank God for MNL as I am in Canada/USA for another few weeks before returning to hopefully host MNL.

To my regualar texters I will be back soon to pester them.

OJ
You did have me worried ha ha.Have fun ;)

ASHIPP

I just want to thank David Simms for the fantastic exposure he is giving Devin and the Devils in the build up to this weekend. ;) Great job David.

The more he tweets Devin, the more articles he writes about our players and team, the more people will take notice and go to the games when Devils are in town (home or away).

Carry on the great work, Dave. Infact the Devils are keeping you so busy with news to release, it's a wonder you have any time left to promote your OWN team. :lol:

James

Administrator
Steelers v Devils - 08/09/12 - Face Off 7pm - Chat & Updates

It's bums on seats for the Steelers though. Just goes to show that although the Steelers have signed a very competent team, they lack character so have to sell off the back of the opposition.

A

Anonymous

Im expecting a rough game obviously.
Wouldnt mind a point but i expect steelers to win 4-2

Finny

For all the abuse he is giving Didi on twitter you just know he his absolutely gutted the Steelers haven't got someone like him.

steve

Ok, it's me in the MNL hotseat tonight. We should have enough texters for the game, but the more inputs we have the better the service usually is. If you want to contribute, get in touch. Many thanks.

ASHIPP

Devils' powerplay and penalty kill skills need to be top notch. These are situations that will change this game for the Devils. Steelers will want to hit their season running and wo.nt give anything away.x- :oops: