Steelers v Clan - March 4

Diafol

Both teams starting to get a bit jittery at the end of a goalless first period.
Not quite sure who I want to win this, as much as I hate to say it a Steelers victory might benefit us more ?

End 2nd Hull 1-1 Nottingham

Diafol

Dowd makes it 2-0 Steelers, they've dominated the 2nd period, 1.29 to go.
Edit: 2-0 end of 2nd.
Final score Nottingham 4-3 Hull.

Have Hope#35 said:
jimmy snels said:
Excellent. Win every game and we'll win it i reckon :D
Just as long as Braehead lose once more :lol:
Chill..Flyers will beat Clan in last game of season at Kirkcaldy...if Caps can hang on to Hull then theyll be desperate to beat them in Murrayfield too.

It's too much of a reach for me. Even if Nottingham win on Saturday (and they are not in the best run of form) we have to win all our games which include 2 in Sheffield.

Would love it to happen and the last home game against The Panthers could be a magical night but Braehead's run in, in fact their entire season, is much easier than ours.

I think that Conference Title is much more probably for us now.

Please prove me wrong

Ocko

Regardless of whether you think the conference system is a good idea or not, I don't think anyone is under any illusions that Braehead have a far easier schedule. Because of this, IMO, to win our conference is a massive achievement and actually a lot harder to win than the league title.

In a league of 5 where 4 are the country's top teams means it is much harder to win than a league of 10 when 4 out of the 5 you add are complete also rans making up numbers.

wildthing74

Ocko said:
Regardless of whether you think the conference system is a good idea or not, I don't think anyone is under any illusions that Braehead have a far easier schedule. Because of this, IMO, to win our conference is a massive achievement and actually a lot harder to win than the league title.

In a league of 5 where 4 are the country's top teams means it is much harder to win than a league of 10 when 4 out of the 5 you add are complete also rans making up numbers.
I was saying exactly the same to some friends last night.I didn't dream that we could win or be in with a shout of winning a conference containing the country's biggest clubs over the last few years.

Have Hope#35

wildthing74 said:
Ocko said:

I was saying exactly the same to some friends last night.I didn't dream that we could win or be in with a shout of winning a conference containing the country's biggest clubs over the last few years.
Indeed... Who'd have had us 7pts clear of last years Champs with 2 Games in hand at this point in the season? Amazing season, whatever happens from here on in!

drainage

wildthing74 said:
Ocko said:

If you had told me a year ago we would be in this position I would have sent you for a medical review ! Yes it would be great to come out on top somewhere - think league is gone , conference - possibly, CC its all to play for

But wherever the league ends the turnaround in fortunes is phenomenal - there are several teams who last season enjoyed our misfortune who this season must be green with envy.

For me we have had a great season the rest is the icing on the cake ( I am partial to icing!!) and a ST renewal isnt in doubt !

Ocko said:

Theoretically thats correct ...on paper...the games played on ice tbough..you have to best the team in front of you...teams in both conferences recruit players to try and beat whats in front of them...if say Flyers were playing more games v stronger teams wouldnt they spend a bit more on 'better' roster? I think they would..and vice versa..thats why i want a normal league set up to bring Flyers performance on.

Also if say the Panthers won the conference how would that make them better than the league winners? theyre performances against the 'easier' conference teams is whats put them out of the league chase. The Devils and Sheffield are still in it cos theyve been better against the Gardiner teams...not perfect though. As mych as I dont like some of theyre cheapshotters Braehead have on the whole beaten whats in front of them. Maybe there budget wiuldve been even bigger in a standard league set-up and be further ahead..but why stretch the budget if you dont have to.