Steelers staff pullout

Russky

My heart bleeds! right now I have got that out of my system:

When i first heard about this I thought it was April 1st! I feel sorry for the Steeler fans in all this! As for Messrs O' Connor, Sims and Matsos methinks are taking a gamble that the fans will support them whilst bearing the brunt of Bob's Wrath! It reminds me of that film GROUNDHOG DAY!

Martynwo

Sad times for the fans, we could say we told you so, but that wouldn't help the situation.

So Matty resigns, it will be interesting to see who BP hires as his new coach and more importantly will the players signed by Matty leave and sign for other clubs or will the new regime be abe to finantialy support the big money roster he has signed.

Rumors of a new coach...
I'll start, Patterson :lol:

Wannabe2

This is the last thing the league needed, we have eventually got to 10 teams and everything is looking good for the new season, and then this crap happens. Bob should do the decent thing now and go, then at least Steelers will have some time to get themselves sorted before the season begins, otherwise there will be the threat of them pulling out half way thru the season causing mayhem, and then the begging bowls will reappear. Feel so sorry for the Steelers fans, as nobody deserves this total nonsense.

I'm not doubting BP's intention, but his track record is not good. I just hope that he has the grace to step aside now, and give the Steelers the chance to find a good owner who can help them sort things out.

They may be our adversaries on the ice, but this is not good for the sport and one team less can never be a good thing. It's too good a sport for that.

Russky

Martynwo said:
Sad times for the fans, we could say we told you so, but that wouldn't help the situation.

So Matty resigns, it will be interesting to see who BP hires as his new coach and more importantly will the players signed by Matty leave and sign for other clubs or will the new regime be abe to finantialy support the big money roster he has signed.

Rumors of a new coach...
I'll start, Patterson :lol:
ROFPMSL! :p

ASHIPP

Not a lot of sympathy on the Cage for the sad situation in Sheffield. But then you wouldn't expect fans of a cash-rich club to understand. :roll:
Quotes from gloating Panthers' fans on their forum include....'I'm actually enjoying this (situation with the Steelers)very much' and 'we should all revel in the slow and painful death (of the Steelers)'.
Now is that IGNORANCE or just sheer ARROGANCE? :x

Any league with a struggling club is going to be effected in some way. Any club in trouble deserves support and a measure of that is to put rivalries aside. :x

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
Not a lot of sympathy on the Cage for the sad situation in Sheffield. But then you wouldn't expect fans of a cash-rich club to understand. :roll:
Quotes from gloating Panthers' fans on their forum include....'I'm actually enjoying this (situation with the Steelers)very much' and 'we should all revel in the slow and painful death (of the Steelers)'.
Now is that IGNORANCE or just sheer ARROGANCE? :x

Any league with a struggling club is going to be effected in some way. Any club in trouble deserves support and a measure of that is to put rivalries aside. :x

I knew when a situation like this it wouldnt take long for SOME panthers fans to show their true colors, there really are some horrible people within that fanbase. Spoils it for the genuine types they have there, but then i guess if you have more fans than anyone else, your going to have more numpties.

Finny

Might be worth FOD sending all their stuff and ideas to the Steelers fans to save them time.

I'm quite confused by the suggestion that the Arena dates still haven't been 'signed off' and won't be whilst Bob is still in control. Surely they couldn't arrange fixtures if they had no agreement with the Arena?

However, I still think for Simms and co to resign there must be a big secret that we still don't know about - and which they didn't want to be associated with. Perhaps this could be it?

I'd also be quite interested to know who that CarlBo is. Has previously come up with some inside information on THF despite being only a recently joined member.

ASHIPP

What is strange is that the individual responsible for the Steelers being in this position IS STILL, SOMEHOW, IN CHARGE! :x I notice statements from 'the management' asking fans to be patient and wait for future developments next week. They say 1 week is a long time in politics, it's also a long time in sport. :?

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
What is strange is that the individual responsible for the Steelers being in this position IS STILL, SOMEHOW, IN CHARGE! :x I notice statements from 'the management' asking fans to be patient and wait for future developments next week. They say 1 week is a long time in politics, it's also a long time in sport. :?
p.s. somebody talking on the new Steelers forum has apparently already been hearing that certain players are considering their positions, which is completely understandable. If this is to be believed, Steve Munn to be offered player/coach, Ashley Tait is to leave :? ...and Jonathan Philips back to Cardiff. :? Don't mean to be negative at a time like this, but I hope that does not mean that he will be rejoining the Devils. :eek:

Finny

ASHIPP said:
...and Jonathan Philips back to Cardiff. :? Don't mean to be negative at a time like this, but I hope that does not mean that he will be rejoining the Devils. :eek:
Why?

Assuming we could afford him whilst continuing our plans for our last two defencemen - I would definately go for him. He could play on the 3rd line with Michel and MacRae and that would almost certainly be the best 3rd line in the league.

mazza03

I'm amazed that the EIHL are putting up with this happening again, why don't they tell BP to get lost?

As for having Jonathon Phillips back in Cardiff I'm afraid any respect I had for him went when he became as arrogant as he is whilst playing for the Steelers.

voth26

I'd agree with that mazza, wouldnt be happy with phillips returning either, think he's a perfect example of a player getting to big for his skates and forgetting about the club/people who helped him develop his game ;)

Gazza272

Really dont understand the Phillips stuff.

He's never said a bad word about us since he left, and kept quiet during all the big incidents out of respect for G and Voth. He is a premier British forward and would help any hockey team he is on.

So he moans at the ref for a bit, Vezio Sacratini anyone?

as for Ryan Finnerty though after all he's said about us i could never cheer him in a Devils shi....... Ah bugger! :D

Finny

I really would have Jono back in a heartbeat. So what if he is an annoying, moaning little twerp when playing for Sheffield. As Gazza has already pointed out - in Sacratini we had the leagues best (or should that be worst) for it and we all loved him.

Jono left the Devils at a stage in his career when he felt it was best for him. People put too much signigicance on "home town loyalty" with sportsmen. Joe Ledley is also getting loads of abuse for it at the moment for daring to sign for a club with a bigger name and who are offering the most money. I assume we would all turn down more money in the same position....

And lets not forget that when Jono left the Devils the club wasn't in the best financial or stable situation. These guys have a career which lasts 15-20 years if they are lucky. I'm always disappointed when a player leaves us but I have no resentment towards them and if he does come back to Cardiff (whether it be this summer or a future season) I will be delighted and happy to welcome him back.

Wannabe2

Why oh why wouldnt we have a local lad back, one of Jono,s reasons for leaving was due to his partner wanting to go back to her roots and others of course. Jono is a Ely boy like myself and will always have a huge love of his City and quite rightly so. We made a huge mistake not getting another local lad back years ago, a certain Mr Nicky Chinn who was a big match player for us, and a guy who would mix it with the best, when representing his home town. Jonothan Phillips would be a asset to any Elite team, no doubt on that front.