Steelers sign Hayes

Earnie

Re: Steelers sign Haynes

Poaching a top scorer from another league team in mid season is a rather disgraceful thing to do. Steelers must be getting scared of Devils?

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #5

Top top player so a huge statement by them. Not sure if it's a good thing long term for EIHL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osh

A very good players as his stats prove and a very good signing for Steelers no matter how you look at it, fair play to them, they want the title as bad as we do !
Very disappointing of course for Capitals as they gave him the chance in the EIHL. Loyalty comes into question for me however, and I would have thought more of him from that point of view if he had stayed till the end of the season in Scotland and then made the move to Sheffield, I suppose he got a much improved salary increase so can't really blame him. Will see how he gels with new team mates on Sunday ( let's hope it takes time for him to settle in eh ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

James

Administrator
No idea how much truth there is in it but I heard we were talking to Hayes a week or so ago. I guess we got our own Ryan though.

Slartibartfast

Don't worry about Hayes. He is in the penalty box most of the time anyway. He has the highest penalty minutes in the top 100 point scorers.
Joey Martin is only one point behind and has very low PIMs

Temme

One goal in his last 11 games.

One goal scored in the whole of December.

Very good signing by Sheffield based on his season, and assuming Edinburgh took some cash out of this deal rather than just lose him for free in 3 months, a good deal for both parties.

I would have welcomed him at the Devils in all honesty!

terry hunt

I have no objection to the Steelers signing a top player from outside they did the same with

Priestlay some years ago its their right.

My concern is that this weakens Edinburgh (despite his recent form) giving Braehead an

advantage in their conference.

The signing of Lawrence from the Blaze i thought was dodgy.As soon as he joined the Steelers he

seemed to up his game.

Didnt the Blaze get him a Uni place.

ASHIPP

Wonder how Simmsey reconciles the ethics of signing a top player from another EIHL team? Oh yeah, it's for the Steelers so it doesn't matter. He usually has a dig at any other team doing something similar.

Hope Capitals can bring in a player or two to revive their season and secure a playoff spot. Edinburgh had such a strong start and certainly gave teams in our conference a difficult time. In Carlsberg hockey, all teams would be consistently strong and the league battle would be even closer.

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #16
I don't see anything wrong with this on the surface?

Steelers have a long term injury issue it seems with Fretter so looked to bring someone in

Seems Hayes has been unsettled for a while and decided to leave but work his notice

Rumours are that we were one of the teams interested

Hope Caps can bring a couple of quality players in quickly so they can compete with Clan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
It may be sour grapes from the Caps fans but it seems he's a petulant player that doesn't work well with others. Serious issues in the dressing-room with him and Rutherford. If true, I'm glad if were interested he didn't end up here (could be the reason why?). Sounds the perfect player for Shuff.

Sliput

terry hunt said:
This is the club that couldnt afford to give Phil Hill(a loyal Steeler player) a real contract but tried

to keep him on a zero hours contract
Maybe they didn't think he was worth a full time contract. I wouldn't sign him.

Great signing. Would have been great to get a player of his calibre. Unfortunately I think caps are on borrowed time in this league.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk