Steelers move 1 step closer to title

DevilDom

Thread starter #1
Steelers win 4-2 in Braehead.

A very good win away to an in-form team and a measure of the difference in the form of them and us at the moment. I fear its just a matter of time before they seal the title. :(

TheStub

One game at a time. We have plenty of games left, and there is plenty of time for them to have a wobble.

This league title is going all the way to the last game.

Diafol

If the table currently on the EIHL site is correct, we are 6 points behind Sheffield with 2 games in hand.

This is a big "IF", but "IF" we win both games this weekend plus those 2 in hand, we will take the lead by 2 points.

It's not over yet.

ASHIPP

Painful as it is to say, credit has to be given to the Steelers great road win last night from THE in-form team who have had a heavy schedule recently and missed their No1 goalie for a couple of games. Travelling for 5 instead of 10 hours also helps the legs! :roll:

Still plenty of hockey to be played until the end of March/begininng of April. Devils games in hand is a positive......but they will have to win them to keep up with the leaders (who already have those points on the board). Whilst it's possible the Steelers might lose a few games along the way, it's equally possible they won't. :shock: :x

Gospel

The league is still ours to win. We play Steelers twive and have games in hand and if we win those then we will be top of the league again.

This is far from being over :p :p :p

TheStub said:
One game at a time. We have plenty of games left, and there is plenty of time for them to have a wobble.

This league title is going all the way to the last game.
Just to echo what everyone is saying - it's still in our hands - win all our games, we win the league.

I've been thinking for a while it could go down to last game... and we're away to Edinburgh - obviously way to early to saying this, but I'd have to go regardless of how much it'd cost if it was down to the final game! Imagine that... in the BBT on the Saturday watching them play Blaze and then would have to be off at 5-6am to get to Edinburgh!

DevilDom

Thread starter #8
I hope the optimists are right, however with the way we are playing at the moment and the way the Steelers are playing along with Tylor being out, I think we'll be lucky to win 1 of the 2 games against them. If we do that we will at least stay in touch I guess.

We've got one game left against Edinburgh compared to the Steelers none, so one of the those games in hand is a guranteed win (no disrespect to the Caps intended)

Steelers also play Belfast twice so have 4 games against the title challenging clubs, whereas we only have the two - against Sheff.

Looking at it this way can make you feel a bit better :D

League top 3..

Steelers Played 44 / points 73
Devils Played 42 / 67
Giants Played 43 / 66

Remaining fixtures..

Steelers
Home...
Nottingham
Cardiff
Dundee
Hull
Belfast
Braehead

Away...
Cardiff
Belfast
Nottingham
Newcastle
Braehead

Devils
Home...
Sheffield
Nottingham
Hull
Braehead
Nottingham
Coventry

Away...
Sheffield
Coventry
Braehead
Newcastle
Hull
Edinburgh

Giants
Home...
Sheffield
Edinburgh
Newcastle
Hull

Away...
Newcastle
Dundee
Edinburgh
Hull
Sheffield
Nottingham
Coventry

Looking at the run in... I would say we have the easier games so still have a chance of winning the title... I think we have 4 banana skin games against which could go either way, Steelers twice, Blaze, Panthers... The Steelers have 6 hard game left, two against you guys, two against us, 2 against the Panthers, Possible 8 if you count the Clan who they also have to play two more times... ... You guys also have some hard games left as well. Steelers twice, Panthers twice, Blaze twice, and the Clan twice..

I think the Steelers will win it though.. Great coach in Simon who's done well coming into a team he did not put together and gelling them into a title chasing side...

ASHIPP

Whilst the Steelers are the in-form team, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they won't win every game between now and the end of the season. On the other hand, they might just do that! :shock:

If the Devils win AT LEAST 1 of the weekend games, plus their 2 games in hand over Steelers, they will be on equal points.
Steelers have tougher away games. They have to play Cardiff and Belfast twice, plus Nottingham (away) x 1. Devils' tough away games will be against Sheffield x 1, Coventry and Braehead.