Steelers lose again

Finny

I know in sport, anything is possible, but for me, Steelers are out of the running. They simply can't afford to drop many more points.
2 horse race now, dare I say?
Because there are so many games between each other there is always the chance of a team catching others up. Last season Belfast looked out of it around this time, then they went on a good run and with us and Sheffield taking points off each other they were suddenly back in the race.

We play Belfast 4 times before now and the end of season. If that series is split and Sheffield beat us twice and Belfast once then our lead over them is gone without either team collapsing.

The worst thing we can do is discount Sheffield.

KaneDevils

Because there are so many games between each other there is always the chance of a team catching others up. Last season Belfast looked out of it around this time, then they went on a good run and with us and Sheffield taking points off each other they were suddenly back in the race.

We play Belfast 4 times before now and the end of season. If that series is split and Sheffield beat us twice and Belfast once then our lead over them is gone without either team collapsing.

The worst thing we can do is discount Sheffield.
All very true, yes. They aren't out of it no, but for me it's between us and the giants. Momentum is very important, and it seems the Steelers have lost theirs.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #23
Never ever rule out the Steelers, I dislike them massively, but to me they are the best team I have seen at ours, their last defeat of us they were untrue. There are going to be many twists and turns still to come in this wonderful game of ours. It's starting to hot up now, but it's still a three horse race.

JT666

Interestingly Blair Jones has left his DEL club to unknown.....now what a pick up he would be at the back end of the season! Former Canucks, Flames, Lightening and Flyers player.

Could be good for the remainding few weeks left of this season.
Just browsed some of his YouTube videos and I like what I see! Seems to have nice hands and can fight with said hands if needed as well.

Plus he's a Jones, so would fit in here straight away...

Any Calgary connection still there from his time at the Flames organisation?

Russky

And of course the Cup semi final is against the Giants which could create some useful momentum for one team or the other....
Good Point KettDevil. The Giants look like an unstoppable machine at the moment. Lets hope the wheels fall off this Wednesday and the momentum swings in favour of the Devils all the way to the end of the season i.e. 11th April 2017.

E.D.S.

All very true, yes. They aren't out of it no, but for me it's between us and the giants. Momentum is very important, and it seems the Steelers have lost theirs.
I agree. Statistically Finny is right but you do wonder how much damage this weekend has done for Steelers. Giants are on fire at the moment and look a formidable side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Thread starter #28
Well it's us and my two most disliked teams in the league battling it out, no one remembers the losers, so come on you beauties let's do this. 20 yrs since we last won it, and our 30th Anniversary. It couldn't come at a better time.