Steelers Brits

ASHIPP

Dont think you can compare O'Connor's performance against Richie's at the weekend. Maybe O'Connor is still settling at Steelers. Certainly one of the better players on a team made to look pretty average at BBT. Roy is their best player and they have some offensive options in Forney and Fretter.

Interesting that although Steelers are doing well, Devils are( i think) the only team to have beaten them twice competitively this season.
;)

wildthing74

In fairness I agree with Adam about O'Connor he's a class above most if not all Brits and his skating ability is superb. Fair play to him sticking it out overseas as it's clearly improved him as a player.Hopegully he won't be there long enough to get settled as he definitely makes them stronger.

I'm glad Bowns is getting good plaudits too as his signing can put us on par with any arena teams Brit pack and I can't wait to see him develop even more with us.

ASHIPP said:
........ Philips has grit and tenacity. No getting away from the fact that Adams ............. will have problems down the line unless he introduces young talent as replacements in the next couple of years.......
But will Adams still be coach of the Steelers...a couple of years down the line ?????

Ocko

schulersagoodun said:
ASHIPP said:
........ Philips has grit and tenacity. No getting away from the fact that Adams ............. will have problems down the line unless he introduces young talent as replacements in the next couple of years.......
But will Adams still be coach of the Steelers...a couple of years down the line ?????
Why would he not be?

I wouldn't underestimate Simms influence on this big decisions there and he loves G. He has always wanted him back there, I have no doubt he'll be there for a while. For all his coaching flaws, and he does have many, the Steelers are still the team to beat this year.

Temme said:
Wannabe2 said:
My opinion
Myers = Dowd
Richie = O,Connor
Batch = Thomas
Extra Import = Phillips
C J And Piggot I would take over Hewitt
Import wise I would take our squad over Steelers any day.
Happy Hockey Days.
I'll add my slant onto this too (why not!)

Dowd > Myers
O'connor > Richie
Batch = Thomas
Extra import > all
But I do like the way Jason Hewitt plays the game, a poor mans Tylor Michel.

Overall I'd have to say that we have the better Brit pack though, as Bowns is a real good player to have.

Then again I think O'Connor is the best British player around at the minute.[/quote]

Have you seen Richardon? the best british defencemen

Wannabe2

jay44 said:
Temme said:
Wannabe2 said:
My opinion
Myers = Dowd
Richie = O,Connor
Batch = Thomas
Extra Import = Phillips
C J And Piggot I would take over Hewitt
Import wise I would take our squad over Steelers any day.
Happy Hockey Days.
I'll add my slant onto this too (why not!)

Dowd > Myers
O'connor > Richie
Batch = Thomas
Extra import > all

But I do like the way Jason Hewitt plays the game, a poor mans Tylor Michel.

Overall I'd have to say that we have the better Brit pack though, as Bowns is a real good player to have.

Then again I think O'Connor is the best British player around at the minute.[/quote]
Hewitt a poor mans Michel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you seen Richardon? the best british defencemen

Temme

As much as I like Richie I have to disagree,

I was up at the motor point on Saturday and o'connor looked a class above anyone else on that ice.

He is top 4 d men in the league in my eyes.

James

Administrator
Is OConnor staying on further do we know. The press release about the midweek Edinburgh game seemed to suggest he was planning on going imminently.

Have Hope#35

James said:
Is OConnor staying on further do we know. The press release about the midweek Edinburgh game seemed to suggest he was planning on going imminently.
In a recent podcast interview O'Connor stated that he wasn't even sure if he'd be here for the Saturday game versus Hull... He's already had a couple of offers that he's considering! Sheffield have left the door open until he goes though!

Was at the Rangers - Sharks game last weekend and met a family of 3 very nice Fife fans (hello if you happen to be lurking on here) - the lad was wearing his flyers shirt, I didn't wear my devils one for fear of being mistaken as a NJ Devils fan - and had a chat with them.....

I knew none of them were amazepux though as they never mentioned Muir once.

drainage

Ook said:
Was at the Rangers - Sharks game last weekend and met a family of 3 very nice Fife fans (hello if you happen to be lurking on here) - the lad was wearing his flyers shirt, I didn't wear my devils one for fear of being mistaken as a NJ Devils fan - and had a chat with them.....

I knew none of them were amazepux though as they never mentioned Muir once.
:D :D :D

Hewy is having a good season, bit like when Ben Simon was coach. Thomas I think is still struggling from back injury. Jono always been good, works hard and goes unnoticed sometimes. Dowd hopefully will find form now he's back. Hill - never rated him, still don't. Don't feel he's as productive here as he was for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

steeler lass said:
Hill - never rated him, still don't. Don't feel he's as productive here as he was for you.
Couldn't agree more... He was complete cack for us in his last couple of seasons and he seems to have got worse since he's gone to you!