Steelers Brits

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
not sure what other fans think , looking at steelers brits sunday, to me the only player trying was philips prob because he is capt, as for hill, thomas and hewitt they seem to be playing in a comfort zone. wouldnt be surprised if one has gone by xmas. thank god for our brits. :D

DevilDom

Wouldn't swap any of their Brits for ours.

I would argue that with perhaps the exception of Belfast we have the best Brit pack in the league.

wildthing74

To be fair if they keep O'Connor all season snd get Dowd back their Brits are better than ours what you consider experience and compare numbers.Richie,Myers & Batchy at least match Dowd,O'Connor & Thomas but Jono,Hilly & Hewitt will always get more points than Piggsie & CJ.

DevilDom

wildthing74 said:
To be fair if they keep O'Connor all season snd get Dowd back their Brits are better than ours what you consider experience and compare numbers.Richie,Myers & Batchy at least match Dowd,O'Connor & Thomas but Jono,Hilly & Hewitt will always get more points than Piggsie & CJ.
Its not all about points though and you have missed Bowns out of the equation who allows the extra import skater.

Experience wise no doubt the steelers have more, but heart, commitment and by playing a crucial role in the team I honestly think ours are better than there's! :Banana

wildthing74

Not saying I would trade any of ours with theirs for 1 second but they are stronger than they had been given credit for.

You are right about Bowns and that for sure gives us better balance as a team as 2/3 imports on 3rd line when all fit .

Wannabe2

My opinion
Myers = Dowd
Richie = O,Connor
Batch = Thomas
Extra Import = Phillips
C J And Piggot I would take over Hewitt
Import wise I would take our squad over Steelers any day.
Happy Hockey Days.

DevilDom said:

I would argue that with perhaps the exception of Belfast we have the best Brit pack in the league.
So you wouldn't swap CJ & Piggsie for Dowd & O'Conner?

Wannabe2

buzzwagon said:
DevilDom said:

No I wouldn't, we don't need either of them, and our youngsters are tomorrow's stars. steeler need those far more than we do.also try comparing the wage, it's about balance.???

BostonBart22 said:
not sure what other fans think , looking at steelers brits sunday, to me the only player trying was philips prob because he is capt, as for hill, thomas and hewitt they seem to be playing in a comfort zone. wouldnt be surprised if one has gone by xmas. thank god for our brits. :D
Hewitt is having a good season so far. Seems to be scoring much more regularly than the past couple of years.

It's easy to criticise a team after they've not played well and lost.

For example, Forney is the top goal scorer in the league but he might not have looked like it on Sunday.

Wannabe2 said:
buzzwagon said:
DevilDom said:

No I wouldn't, we don't need either of them, and our youngsters are tomorrow's stars. steeler need those far more than we do.also try comparing the wage, it's about balance.???
Dom Stated that he wouldn't swap any of our Brits for Shuffs Brits & just in pure hockey terms ( not with my Devils hat on) i would swap the players i mentioned in a heartbeat
No mention of wages or age.

DevilDom

buzzwagon said:
DevilDom said:

Ok, fair point.

Perhaps I should have nailed it down a bit and said considering budget available as well.

ASHIPP

Dowd is a talented player. Philips has grit and tenacity. No getting away from the fact that Adams has a bunch of aging brits....he will have problems down the line unless he introduces young talent as replacements in the next couple of years. Even their fans have been discussing that.

Temme

Wannabe2 said:
My opinion
Myers = Dowd
Richie = O,Connor
Batch = Thomas
Extra Import = Phillips
C J And Piggot I would take over Hewitt
Import wise I would take our squad over Steelers any day.
Happy Hockey Days.
I'll add my slant onto this too (why not!)

Dowd > Myers
O'connor > Richie
Batch = Thomas
Extra import > all
But I do like the way Jason Hewitt plays the game, a poor mans Tylor Michel.

Overall I'd have to say that we have the better Brit pack though, as Bowns is a real good player to have.

Then again I think O'Connor is the best British player around at the minute.