Stars withdraw from ENL1

Mark666

Thread starter #1
As it says in the title really. Bad times.

Story linked bellow. In short, coach replaced on the 27th on grounds of (increasingly) poor results but then half the squad resigned so they couldn't continue. I'm assuming they'll be back next season but it doesn't say.

Any ideas how this effects the league? All games played vs stars wiped from the record?

http://www.oxfordstars.com/

Mark666

Thread starter #2
To answer my own question:

"All game results so far will be removed from the league table and therefore point and league standings will change. Oxford will not be able to re-enter ENL1 until the season 2013/2014."

Assuming the table on the EIHL site is bang up to date that leaves Cardiff in 4th, 1 point behind Wightlink with a game in hand which i *think* is a small improvement.

http://www.eiha.co.uk/tabid/225/ctl/Det ... fault.aspx

Sad news about Oxford. There needs to be teams like them in the league.
As for Invicta there has been no official news as yet only unconfirmed stuff on their forum

I don't understand why they are choosing to take players down to enl2 instead of bring players up from enl2 as they have nothing to loose by trying to continue in enl1.

Mark666

Thread starter #6
I suppose they thought that as they were already struggling to compete in ENL 1 with the team they had already, swapping half those guys for lower level players wasn't going to help. I don't know what the situation was with attendances and money in the Stars organization but given the way things are across the sport in the UK its unlikely they has much room to maneuver.

Very sad, i feel for everyone involved. Come on over Stars fans, see the season out following the Devils! you'll be more than welcome. :D

Looking forward to the Devils return to the ice on Sat now while we're on the subject of the ENL.

I guess it's a fine balancing act with the finances. They looked as though they were trying to attract fans but how do you do it if the team is not performing? I think it was the right move not to bring in the ENL2 players as They may have been on a hiding to nothing and moral would surely end up rock bottom. Not the best situation to bring on your youngsters.
The quality of ENL1 is improving year on year and casualties will be lost along the way and unfortunately this maybe the start :|