Stars Vs Devils - League - 29th Jan 23 - 17:00 FO

Kevlar68

Shot at humour! I nailed it. Bloody critics.

The Devils are currently second in the league to the team who had the hottest start in the entire of European hockey. We can therefore end this debate now that they are clearly the second worst team in Devils history. I blame the rookie coach, his clown assistant, the romantic has been signings and worst defence in years. However I have every confidence they can pull it out of the bag and make a last minute charge for the worst team in Devils history. It’s within their own destiny if they just take the opportunities when they come along however some changes are also needed to the roster. Joey Martin needs to go. Don’t know what he’s doing out there with all this goat like behaviour. Big Lou suspended for three games. More like it big man. Keep it going. Kozun can absolutely do one. Looks like a weight watchers Jason Cugnutt out there. Don’t shoot the messenger but absolutely raging by current form.
Yeeeeaaahhhh, i'd stick to your interesting, informative, intelligent, level headed analytic posts, i enjoy reading them, humour ain't your thang ;)

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

How the hell can you make that statement, it’s pretty obvious management will re-sign the majority, if not all the current squad. I know it’s only to try to wind people up, and to put more negative spin on your posts.

Mr King wrote recently “I’m so impressed with this team, for playing at such a high standard short handed without two of our more important players”. That don’t sound like an owner unhappy with this team, so no I’m not trying to wind anyone up, I actually believe they’ll keep the majority of players.

Thought you’d be happy with that.

Last edited:
Shot at humour! I nailed it. Bloody critics.

The Devils are currently second in the league to the team who had the hottest start in the entire of European hockey. We can therefore end this debate now that they are clearly the second worst team in Devils history. I blame the rookie coach, his clown assistant, the romantic has been signings and worst defence in years. However I have every confidence they can pull it out of the bag and make a last minute charge for the worst team in Devils history. It’s within their own destiny if they just take the opportunities when they come along however some changes are also needed to the roster. Joey Martin needs to go. Don’t know what he’s doing out there with all this goat like behaviour. Big Lou suspended for three games. More like it big man. Keep it going. Kozun can absolutely do one. Looks like a weight watchers Jason Cugnutt out there. Don’t shoot the messenger but absolutely raging by current form.
Great posts, their not going over my head

Mooney#16

Yeeeeaaahhhh, i'd stick to your interesting, informative, intelligent, level headed analytic posts, i enjoy reading them, humour ain't your thang ;)
Skilful put down. Both complementary and derogatory in equal measure.

Hang on. Now you’re doing humour. Hypocrite.

In danger of having fun here. Must be a glitch in the matrix. Lloyd_jeff now is your moment. Suck the joy out of this situation right now would you.

Last edited:
A great result in the most difficult place in the League. Dundee has been Devils' nemesis for so many seasons, and in crucial must win games. Everytime we play them, you can feel the Devils' fan base holding its breath! No different tonight.

Can't have any control over reffing decisions other than to try to maintain discipline and focus. Cox-Martin-Sandford line outstanding again. Do have concerns about the second line....they are not as productive as you would expect..the absence of Coughler's creativity is killing them.

What is obvious to everyone is that something has happened to the mindset of this team since the arrival of Stefan Fournier. They seem to play with a new determination, a commitment to playing responsibly as a team, with a will to battle for the result they need.
Team spirit plays a huge part, and Fournier seems to have helped - perhaps even just by making it more fun and taking some pressure away.
The situation reminds me of Doug Clarkson - rarely the star player of the team, but seemed to be the team ‘joker’ that helped glue them all together…

Imports were
Faulkner, Lord, Kurka, Birbraer, Marsh, Blight,Morrisette,Smith, Plumton, Rama, Svete, Gipters, Conboy, Ross, Cesky, Limatainen
Pretty sure this was my first season watching the Devils!!
9 years on, it shows there must be more to attracting people to hockey than just winning titles!

Finny

Imports that season
Thornton, Sacratini, Moria, Matulik, McIntyre, Priest, Jardemyr, Brill, Durdle, Lundback, Schulte, Evans, Gillingham, Hurley, Ablad, , Eklof, Herlofsky, Boh, Barklund. Think you may just wish to think again buddy.
I agree with Kevin. That was the worst of the Superleague seasons by far. And arguably our worst season ever up to that point.

E.D.S.

Team spirit plays a huge part, and Fournier seems to have helped - perhaps even just by making it more fun and taking some pressure away.
The situation reminds me of Doug Clarkson - rarely the star player of the team, but seemed to be the team ‘joker’ that helped glue them all together…
He took his goal very well.

jenks33

I agree with Kevin. That was the worst of the Superleague seasons by far. And arguably our worst season ever up to that point.
That was a tough season. As you said definitely our worst superleague season. Clearly there were financial problems that season as some of the new signings were cheap options. Brill, Gillingham and Barklund were particularly poor.
We finished 7th out of 8 in the league and didn’t come close to winning a cup. I think that says it all

Kevin roog

I wouldn’t argue either way but in my memory we were pretty poor, I can remember vez saying that they felt 20 feet tall knowing McWilliam had their back , I think we thought Todd was replacing him and even though he was up for a fight , not quite as good as Mac ha ha

Kevin roog

I can remember Denis vial saying that he hates Todd’s guts and will surely fight during the season , I can’t remember if they did, don’t think so