Stars v Devils

Gazza272

The result is more important tonight but how did we play?
Our first period was very good, we were putting a very good forecheck on and all the lines seemed to be rolling, Lord switched Masi to be with Batch and Myers, and for me, it gave us a really stable foundation on which to build.

Second period, it all came down to the disallowed goal, it was a perfect goal from Fournier who hit it top shelf, it would have been 4-1 and we wuold have been cruising, but within 30 seconds stars went up the other end and scored, which meant 3rd period they had the impetus to try and get the 3rd, but I was impresesd with our composure 3rd period, Mark Louis in particular had his best game of the year.

august04

Our first period was very good, we were putting a very good forecheck on and all the lines seemed to be rolling, Lord switched Masi to be with Batch and Myers, and for me, it gave us a really stable foundation on which to build.

Second period, it all came down to the disallowed goal, it was a perfect goal from Fournier who hit it top shelf, it would have been 4-1 and we wuold have been cruising, but within 30 seconds stars went up the other end and scored, which meant 3rd period they had the impetus to try and get the 3rd, but I was impresesd with our composure 3rd period, Mark Louis in particular had his best game of the year.
Cheers. Sounds a lot better than Saturday!

moggy#9

Ok, I'm fairly ignorant as to how the review system is supposed to work. Perhaps someone can explain. When I heard it wasn't in operation of assumed there was no camera angle behind the goal, but clearly there was (which I guess was part of the webcast). So, why was it that this wasn't available to the refs?

The_Puck

Ok, I'm fairly ignorant as to how the review system is supposed to work. Perhaps someone can explain. When I heard it wasn't in operation of assumed there was no camera angle behind the goal, but clearly there was (which I guess was part of the webcast). So, why was it that this wasn't available to the refs?
It’s in the rules that refs can’t look at footage from the webcast as some webcasts have better views than other, despite belfast running down with a laptop with a webcast view against us last year.

Earnie

I believe it was the dedicated camera(s) / equipment for goal review that was inoperable. What we see is the camera filming for live streaming and whatever else which at the time is not available to The referees .

Last edited:

moggy#9

I believe it was the dedicated camera(s) / equipment for goal review that was inoperable. What we see is the camera filming for live streaming and whatever else which at time is not available to The referees .
If there's a standard for the league surely clubs should be fined for not meeting them. It seems crazy to me. Thank goodness in three end it didn't make a difference to the match.

I was in Belfast when they brought the laptop down , there is no way they would have done that if we would have scored and the refs missed it. It's double standards, so we weren't playing on an even playing field. Either every club has the same technology to use , or no club should have it to use, the league should make it clear, but they won't they are to scared to upset teams. Darnell don't seem to be our ref much these days, I wonder if the Belfast game and his amateur actions are biting him on the arse right now