Stars v Devils - 30/10 - 6:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

TheStub

Got to agree with the positive comments.

Can there be a correlation between our bogie team also being the team furthest from us?

Yet again we went 2 goals behind against a Scottish team before almost pulling it back.

I can see the tripple header being a different prospect, as the Devils wont be having the chronic bus legs. Bring on the Scots and lets see what we can do with a sane schedule.

Stars fan here (in peace!)

You all seem to say that the long bus journey is one of the main reasons for losing tonights game. This is nothing on what the Stars have had to deal with in the last 10 days. Over to Belfast, Down to Cardiff, back to Dundee, all in 3 days, 3 days later down to Nottingham, back up to Dundee, 3 days later down to Sheffield and overnight last night back up to Dundee. So to say that one journey to Dundee from Cardiff for the Devils is the reason you lost to us is a huge injustice on the Stars.

That's all. :)

p.s. was impressed with your team tonight, very fast and there is a lot of skill there. Voth is a dirty dirty player though.

:)

Re: Re: Stars v Devils - 30/10 - 6:30pm - League - Chat/Upda

TheStub said:

Can there be a correlation between our bogie team also being the team furthest from us?

Yet again we went 2 goals behind against a Scottish team before almost pulling it back.

I can see the tripple header being a different prospect, as the Devils wont be having the chronic bus legs. Bring on the Scots and lets see what we can do with a sane schedule.
Sorry what is means by bogie team?

Ingramator said:
TheStub said:

Sorry what is means by bogie team?
A bogie team is a team you expect to beat but they get the better of you usually in their own barn

TheStub

sscd92 said:

You all seem to say that the long bus journey is one of the main reasons for losing tonights game. This is nothing on what the Stars have had to deal with in the last 10 days. Over to Belfast, Down to Cardiff, back to Dundee, all in 3 days, 3 days later down to Nottingham, back up to Dundee, 3 days later down to Sheffield and overnight last night back up to Dundee. So to say that one journey to Dundee from Cardiff for the Devils is the reason you lost to us is a huge injustice on the Stars.

p.s. was impressed with your team tonight, very fast and there is a lot of skill there. Voth is a dirty dirty player though.

No-one is saying it is THE reason, but it doesn't help.

For what it's worth, I quite agree that the Scottish teams have as rough a deal as we have in terms of travel. It would be better to try and have decent road trips. Two or three games on the road say Nottingham then Cardiff. It would probably overall travel and give the likes of Dundee a better chance.

You can then make up the games with home and homes with the other Scottish teams.

I think the Southern teams should do similar trips. Travel up and play 2 or 3 Scottish teams - and do that for all the Scottish trips.

Reduce travel, improve games and probably see more travelling support.

TheStub said:
sscd92 said:

No-one is saying it is THE reason, but it doesn't help.

For what it's worth, I quite agree that the Scottish teams have as rough a deal as we have in terms of travel. It would be better to try and have decent road trips. Two or three games on the road say Nottingham then Cardiff. It would probably overall travel and give the likes of Dundee a better chance.

You can then make up the games with home and homes with the other Scottish teams.

I think the Southern teams should do similar trips. Travel up and play 2 or 3 Scottish teams - and do that for all the Scottish trips.

Reduce travel, improve games and probably see more travelling support.
I probably should've worded it better - I know it's not the only reason, what i'm trying to say is that we've had it just as bad, if not worse over the last 10 days.

I completely agree with you BTW, these long, back and forward road trips do no good. Teams perform worse, there is poor away support and as was the case last week for the Stars, a poor home performance against Hull has led to a significantly lower attendance tonight. It is obvious though that the Devils do struggle coming to Dundee, just as Scottish teams struggle coming into Cardiff. Not sure if i'm getting my point across too well though but yeah, I do tend to agree with you. ;)

TheStub

dmd said:
Surely we are the only southern team !
I have a number of friends and former neighbours who would strongly argue otherwise.

Plus, compared to the Scottish teams everything Hull and South is a Southern Team.

wildthing74

We keep blaming the long bus trip and yes its a factor for sure but we can't keep using that as an excuse.
Shame we don't have the finance to allow the boys to fly or at worst give them a chance by going say half way(Sheff area)after the Saturday and a hotel Saturday night so at least the boys can get up at a sensible time on Sunday with a much less journey to complete the trip.
I have defended Frank but and he has been outstanding lately but he can't be taking 10m misconducts for mouthing refs.That is hurting the team too much.Things happen in the heat of a game and silly incidents happen but hard to excuse pens that are just dumb.You won't change their mind even if they are wrong half the time.
Hope this does not mean he is banned V Panthers for totting up of misconducts just like Tylor got last year.

cf38 said:
Frank has taken 3 x 10mins misconduct this weekend alone and i'm sure he took 1 last week end. How many 10's can you have before you get a match pen. I got 6 in my head but I could be wrong. :?

Dundee has got to be our boogie team...what have we got to do to win up there. We lost 2 out of 3 last year up there.
Yes its 6

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/misconduct ... el-p169678

The above is when Tylor got banned

voth26

sscd92 said:

Why do you say voth is a dirty dirty player what did he do!!!, also we had a similar road trip last year playing 6 games in 9 days finishing in your barn if my memory serves me right

voth26 said:
sscd92 said:

Why do you say voth is a dirty dirty player what did he do!!!, also we had a similar road trip last year playing 6 games in 9 days finishing in your barn if my memory serves me right
A LOT of things. Mainly in the third period, where after Zarb was boarded by one of your players by the Cardiff bench, when he was getting up Voth, sitting on the bench, pushed the end of his stick into Zarb's face. Completely uncalled for and cowardly.

The team arrived at Dundee at about 4.00 and were playing football together in the Arena until 5.30. They looked relaxed with no signs of a long journey so I don't think the trip can be blamed for this result. Last night (as at Braehead) we were caught offside too often and gave away too many stupid penalties, and Whitley made a lot of great saves. Incidentally, at the end of the second period, just after we scored, Whitley threw his water bottle the length of the ice - possibly aimed at one of our players - and then raced down the ice smashing his stick against the walls as he left the ice.

However, just as at Braehead we started very slowly and got stronger and stronger as the match went on. After two periods of both the matches at Braehead and Dundee I expected us to win, even though we were losing both at the time. In both games, each time we put them under a long spell of pressure we lost players through penalties, and these cost us both matches.

As for Voth being dirty? Last night he appeared to get smashed in the face at least twice but with only two of us screaming at the officials they were never going to award anything in our favour. There was one big incident when one of the Stars ended up flat on the ice. The fans turned on Voth but I wasn't sure Voth was the guilty party. We noticed another Devils player quietly disappear to the bench....

Another great day out. Thanks to all the players and coaching staff for being so approachable and signing stuff for my son!

ASHIPP

From reading the reports and transcripts of the game, Devils did well to level the score bearing in mind the number of PIMs, fatigue from covering player absences and frustrating 'offside' calls.
1 point from 2 after that road trip is better than no points at all. :D Dundee continue to be our nemisis.

However, the stats do speak for themselves. Unfortunately the Devils have lost 3/3 penalty shoot-outs this season - more than any other team in the league. Their road performance has been frustrating for them. Whilst the s/o wins might not have given them sufficient points to alter their league position, they would have been a lot closer to Blaze in the chase for 4th.

It's apparent that the top 3 teams are those demonstrating consistency home and away. Sadly, the fact that other teams in the league are more inconsistent than the Devils is one reason why the guys are 5th right now - Braehead could overtake with games in hand.