Stars v Devils - 03/01 - 6:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll hopefully be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

I'll be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Hopefully we won't have picked up any injuries playing the Vipers on Sunday, so if the Devils are missing anyone it should only be Symonds, but as he's due back early 2011 that's not for certain...

Stars roster is a complete mystery to me, I can't find any injury news for their roster, so assume they have all their players...

This will be the 4th game between the two teams with the Devils currently leading the series 2-1, however that 1 loss up in Dundee, the only game we've played in Dundee, is where this winning streak was formed, in the fires of mount doom/Dundee :cry:

With the form we're in, and with recent results i'd sure like us to win up there, but Dundee are a better side than previously, but I guess they're not the 5th game in 7days or whatever it was before, we could/should be looking at a victory if we're challenging for the league...

I've already asked all the major religions to look on us favourably, but if there's anything else we can do as a collective to ensure we win, let everyone know!

Chris.

Rempel16

The Stars have had Chris Zarb out since Tylor's hit on him in our last home game againts them, but he did make a return against Hull on Wednesday, so they should now be back to full strength.

ASHIPP

This is a bit of a banana skin game. :shock: Even after the Devils' win against the Stars at BBT recently, I'm still a bit nervous. In that game Dundee played boring but effective defensive hockey for half the time - took a while for Devils to get going. Hopefully, the Devils will be travelling to Scotland sitting on the momentum of their recent fantastic home and away run and break down the Stars' defence. :)

TheStub

I'm hoping that they get the bus right after the game on Sunday and have plenty of time before the match. At the very least work it so they have a good few hours in Dundee before the game. That insane bus trip has to give then a hell of a set of bus legs.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #8
Match Night Live! will be running :D

Have 1 solitary Dundee Stars fan who's going to help out again as I couldn't find any Devils fans heading up, but i'll add Devils bias when the texts reach me ;)

Chris.

Ger-Devils

Chris said:
Match Night Live! will be running :D

Have 1 solitary Dundee Stars fan who's going to help out again as I couldn't find any Devils fans heading up, but i'll add Devils bias when the texts reach me ;)

Chris.
Not like you :lol:

Quite an important game. We need to keep the pressure on the Giants & Squeelers.

Giants have a tough run of games coming up (3x Panthers matches?). But besides us, the Squeelers have 2 nice games against a Caps side in total disarray at the moment - icing something like 6 imports tonight.

Not gunna be an easy match, as we know well enough after last time. Gotta feel the team will be up for this one though.

BBW said:
Maclean and Latulippe both missing tomorrow's game with concussion.
Yeh i heard Latulippe speared penner, penner didnt like it so turned around and punched him, knocked him out cold. Anybody know if thats true or whether thats some wild rumor being thrown about the bar tonight

DevilDom

devilsnewbie said:
BBW said:
Maclean and Latulippe both missing tomorrow's game with concussion.
Yeh i heard Latulippe speared penner, penner didnt like it so turned around and punched him, knocked him out cold. Anybody know if thats true or whether thats some wild rumor being thrown about the bar tonight
I heard Latuilippe speared Neilson and Penner knocked him out. If true then Penner really is a classless individual.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #16
Really?

If Latulippe was playing tonight and speared Adams in the face, you'd just let it go?

Chris.

Gazza272

Chris said:
Really?

If Latulippe was playing tonight and speared Adams in the face, you'd just let it go?

Chris.

From the sounds of it, Latuillipe and Penner were going to the box two linos had Latuillipes arms held and Penner got a free punch in. I agree with having to punch Latuillipe for spearing but it seems Penner took the cheap option.

DevilDom

Chris said:
Really?

Chris.
I don't agree with a 6' 6" guy knocking out a 5' 6" guy. In fact I think its very dangerous.

I'm fine with Latuilippe or whoever getting retribution if they derserve it but not from a guy who is probably capable of killing him with 1 punch.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #19
But that's the game they play, as much as Penner might be a loose cannon, I doubt he went for Latulippe for no reason, if the smaller players are going to mouth off and then not hide behind their own enforcers/refs quick enough then it's unlucky/their own fault.

Whilst I doubt there's many/any on here who like Neilson, he's a pt per game and if anyone went for one of our players in a similar role I couldn't care less how tall or short he is, someone best be giving him a slap and asking him nicely please not to do that again...

Chris.

Finny

If someone speared one of our players in the face I would expect him to get a slap.

The problem in this case seems to be that Penner punched him full force with his glove on whilst Latulippe was being held by the linesman and so had no way to protect himself.