Sound system

Thread starter #1
Does anyone agree that the sound system is terrible we couldn't understand a word Todd was saying apart from when he announced 5050 and sohb winners. Was happening late last season too. Everyone around us was also complaining. Can anything be done Todd

Devil_Abroad

This is a difficult one - so good for club and fans to be able to hear announcements - but is it right to spend money to fix it if it's costly and short term........ I'd say yes but I don't have to make the books balance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter #4
We're in Block 11 but we're sat in Block 7 for the training session last week and it was terrible as well. I understand the cost implications for the short time remaining but surely something could be done to improve it.

James

Administrator
It might just need adjusting rather than repairing or replacing. I know a year or so ago they got in a very good sound tech, Ian, who did a great job with the sound.

Thread starter #7
Totally agree James I'm not asking for them to spend a lot of money on it but it shouldn't cost much for it to be adjusted and would improve the match night experience for a lot of fans

Sheincar

Don't know the feasibility but could winning SOHB & 50/50 numbers be put on screens? Hate to think I'm missing out on sales lol!

kettdevil1

Sheincar said:
Don't know the feasibility but could winning SOHB & 50/50 numbers be put on screens? Hate to think I'm missing out on sales lol!
That would be good.... I did get a ticket yesterday (forgot what the sound was like :D ) but. I M assuming that someone else won.... :lol:

Vartel

I had some trouble understanding what was being said while sat in Block 12. Had to refer to MNL a few times where i missed the announcement.

Although it was much better than last week at the open training session, where sat in roughly the same seats, my friends and I couldn't make out any of the words

Devil_Abroad

Maybe the sound is better when the rink is full [emoji3] so we need to sell the sport to others! [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

A couple of times last year the sound was bad because the mic volume was turned way too high.

Generally though if there are issues in the sound (I sit in block 4) I have tweeted them on @cardiffdevils and more often then not something is done about it and the sound quality does get improved, so try messaging with the issue (too quiet / too loud / mic distorting) if it happens during the game night would be my suggestion.

Devil_Abroad

Ook said:
A couple of times last year the sound was bad because the mic volume was turned way too high.

Generally though if there are issues in the sound (I sit in block 4) I have tweeted them on @cardiffdevils and more often then not something is done about it and the sound quality does get improved, so try messaging with the issue (too quiet / too loud / mic distorting) if it happens during the game night would be my suggestion.
good suggestion

unfortunately its more of a case of old wiring and speakers. but with only a few months left there's no point in spending money and weeks rewiring new a new system in.