Sould we help guys out that are on the brink?

Thread starter #1
Sould we (as in the fans) help guys out that are on the brink?

I am actualy thinking of Edinburgh in particular, in my youth I would see Liverpool FC fans with Celtic Scarfs or shirts. I don't know the full history behind it as I was never in to football but it got me thinking of a way to help Edinburgh out and get somthing in return.

What about match night DVD's for the Devils away games?
I know vippers got support by other fans buying match night tickets that they could not use. May be it would have been better to organise the tickets to be given away to locals that would not normaly goto a game?

I remember a forum thread on the teams that were respected/ admired in the league, Edinburgh featured quite positivly on a lot of posts. What do people think should we try and help?

James

Administrator
Buying game DVDs is a good one. Ive got some Basingstoke / Devils dvds I brought for just that reason the year they had trouble.

Thread starter #3
seems that there are no match-night DVDs for this season. :(
some of the Edinburgh fans have put match worn shirts on ebay to give the proceeds to the club, not sure posting links is allowed or not.

Got to be honest I was expecting a few more posts for or against, guess everyone got there eye on other things, Steelers, xmas etc.

TheStub

I think most people would want to help out, but there is the worry about where it ends. You would have hoped that the league would be there as a bit of a safety net, but it is obvious that those structures have been eroded.

In principle I have no problem helping out short term, but I would like to see some of the help from other teams in terms of marketing expertise, match night development etc.

But yes, I am in favour of buying Devils match night DVDs etc.

Perhaps we need to group together as fans and build a pot that can be used to support teams in the short term - maybe with some developmental ties attached, like the world bank :lol: