Something a bit different.... Devils rap

Pembo

Thread starter #1
After the disappointment of past couple of games thought might be a good time to distract the forum with something completely different while we wait for the bounce back at the weekend.

While in COVID isolation (and possibly under influence of high fever) I decided to channel my inner Cardi B and write and record a Devils themed rap (minus gratuitous swearing and genital references), if it was terrible would still have been a fun process and if was OK then may get some cool Dad points with my teens... I used the money saved on travel from not being able to go to games for a bit to fund a session singer to do the vocal. I'd be interested in thoughts? I know rap isn't everyone's cup of cocoa but may appeal to young Devils. I probably can't afford more vocal work on it but can adjust the base track.

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional musician but thought would be a fun project and I do music and use Cubase/keyboard as stress busting hobby. Was fun to do & kids were impressed so I'm happy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-736582663-370069997%2Fthings-are-getting-devilish

Pembo

Thread starter #3
Paul Sullivan should play this at the Arena. Very well done Pembo !
Thanks Earnie, if anyone knows of anyone who can do vocals who might be interested in contributing to more "The PK" Devils OC DM me. I probably won't get chance to do much for a little while but enjoyed doing a few tracks during isolation and if people like them am well up for collaborating in the future. Devils fanbase is awesome, and good to do something hopefully positive for the club. It absolutely made my day to know they'd played the Brodie Reid song on team bus to airport before Belfast!

BostonBart22

After the disappointment of past couple of games thought might be a good time to distract the forum with something completely different while we wait for the bounce back at the weekend.

While in COVID isolation (and possibly under influence of high fever) I decided to channel my inner Cardi B and write and record a Devils themed rap (minus gratuitous swearing and genital references), if it was terrible would still have been a fun process and if was OK then may get some cool Dad points with my teens... I used the money saved on travel from not being able to go to games for a bit to fund a session singer to do the vocal. I'd be interested in thoughts? I know rap isn't everyone's cup of cocoa but may appeal to young Devils. I probably can't afford more vocal work on it but can adjust the base track.

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional musician but thought would be a fun project and I do music and use Cubase/keyboard as stress busting hobby. Was fun to do & kids were impressed so I'm happy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-736582663-370069997%2Fthings-are-getting-devilish
As I am an old dinosaur according to my grandson, but that was brilliant, more please...

rocketbob

Had a quick listen to the other tracks on your Soundcloud Pembo and they are good fun too. I particularly like the Riley Brandt song. Thanks for your efforts, they definitely brought a smile to my face.

Pembo

Thread starter #9
Had a quick listen to the other tracks on your Soundcloud Pembo and they are good fun too. I particularly like the Riley Brandt song. Thanks for your efforts, they definitely brought a smile to my face.
So pleased to hear it, if any of them brightened up someone’s day then they were days well spent in quarantine!

matbur

Bloody hell @Pembo , that's brilliant!!! Rap not really my bag musically but appreciate anything creative.

Don't be shy on pushing this, get the Devils playing it on game nights and on their social media. I'm sure they will support you.

Pembo

Thread starter #13
Bloody hell @Pembo , that's brilliant!!! Rap not really my bag musically but appreciate anything creative.

Don't be shy on pushing this, get the Devils playing it on game nights and on their social media. I'm sure they will support you.
Cheers Matbur! I’ve alerted Sulli a while back. If I get time I’ll try and finish off a couple more this week or next depending on work! Feel absolutely free to link to The PK on social media. I’ve not done any personal social media push as I don’t mind being incognito and have generally avoided using much social media in recent times. I’m geography geek and low key loving the stats coming in. First listen from Austria tonight! Thanks again.

Last edited:

matbur

Cheers Matbur! I’ve alerted Sulli a while back. If I get time I’ll try and finish off a couple more this week or next depending on work! Feel absolutely free to link to The PK on social media. I’ve not done any personal social media push as I don’t mind being incognito and have generally avoided using much social media in recent times. I’m geography geek and low key loving the stats coming in. First listen from Austria tonight! Thanks again.
No matter what you release, it'll never be as bad as this!