Some new images for the new rink

Ocko

No. I'm sure the people in the first few rows might have some objections to that... It's space for a walkway, probably a fire safety thing. If we do need a slightly larger capacity then standing at the back behind the seats would be the only option in a bar stool type scenario.

DevilDom

Looks good, however I'm not sure I would want to be sitting in the front row with a walkway in front of me and my eye level only just above the barrier!

osh

I would imagine these images have been posted just to act as a dangling carrot. They are obviously not the finished product. For example, look at the concrete wall on the 2nd image. There will,obviously be seats behind such a structure and those seated there won't see part of the ice!! The plexi looks wrong also. As stated, these cannot possibly be the finished product.

Ocko

Those colour seats look good.

SORAC, is there any scope in any plans to be able increase the capacity at a point in the future? Such as standing behind the back row of seats, additional seating etc and is the hospitality included in the 3000 figure mentioned?

Ocko said:
Those colour seats look good.

SORAC, is there any scope in any plans to be able increase the capacity at a point in the future? Such as standing behind the back row of seats, additional seating etc and is the hospitality included in the 3000 figure mentioned?

3000 is the capacity including hospitality, there is no scope for increase in the existing plan. This allows for doubling the existing crowds at present. As OSH pointed out these drawings are just to give an idea of the internal appearance

Spearsy said:
I didn't think we were getting a big score board neither ... Happy days !

I wonder if we will ever have a new rink seems to be delayed every year!

Hope I am still alive to see it! :shock: and no mention of paying the extra to secure our seats in the new Rink for 2014! Lol :roll:

I am ready to be slated!! :DWD

osh

Angelic_Devil said:
Spearsy said:
I didn't think we were getting a big score board neither ... Happy days !

I wonder if we will ever have a new rink seems to be delayed every year!

Hope I am still alive to see it! :shock: and no mention of paying the extra to secure our seats in the new Rink for 2014! Lol :roll:

I am ready to be slated!! :DWD

Oh we will have a new rink, just later than we expected ( remember, we were originally told we would be in there for next season :DWD ) Don't worry, our hero of the hour Pooneil representing Greenbank will be sure to let us know.

osh said:
I would imagine these images have been posted just to act as a dangling carrot. They are obviously not the finished product. For example, look at the concrete wall on the 2nd image. There will,obviously be seats behind such a structure and those seated there won't see part of the ice!! The plexi looks wrong also. As stated, these cannot possibly be the finished product.
......and as another poster queried... surely there won't be seats at ice level.

Surely we have learned something from the seating at the BBT !
Don't assume anything !
Ask the questions now!
If something questionable arises from the developer's artist's impression.......then ask about it.
It's one thing having 'errors' built in to a 'temporary' stadium.....but our new arena needs to 'fit for purpose even now ...at the planning stage