Sky now

Thread starter #1
just posted this on the other site that watching the annoying one on sky sports going on about Thorntons 9 game ban bearing in mind that this was filmed wednesday nite and that the league official statement came out today...just goes to show who's running the league then i guess.

Tony

No coincidence I don't suppose that news of Thornton's ban was posted on THF by a Steeler fan.

You'd think that with all the flak the squeel machine has been getting lately, they'd make sure they were whiter than white.

Sooner or later a Squeelr is bound to get clobbered with a similar ban, oh how we'll all laugh!

Finny

Did he mention it during the main part of the programme - or was it during the highlights package and so could have been added after the announcement?

And what did he say about it?

He pretty much agreed with it, had Paul Thompson and Matsos as guests, Matsos said he thought Thornton got of lightly and Thompson said Thornton was a skilled player who didnt need to do stuff like that.

They also showed Bison's incidents, Patrick's ban is a joke 3 games for doing nothing. Ok he punched he the guy but he didn't go mad and start a fight.

Russky

Looking ahead to next weeks programme, Could somebody tape it for me next friday as I dont have sky!
I will bring a blank tape with me on sunday so whoever is kind enough to respond please pm me!

Many Thanks!

Russky said:
Looking ahead to next weeks programme, Could somebody tape it for me next friday as I dont have sky!
I will bring a blank tape with me on sunday so whoever is kind enough to respond please pm me!

Many Thanks!

Why don't you PM dave simms ;) :(

apparently there are going to be another three bans this weekend, he has the tariffs and sentences sorted out already and the show has been pre recorded yesterday, just to make sure he has his facts right for the following weekends action :D :D :D :D :D

glenngiant said:
They also showed Bison's incidents, Patrick's ban is a joke 3 games for doing nothing. Ok he punched he the guy but he didn't go mad and start a fight.
I actually thought this was a genuine sucker-punch unlike Voth's. It was more like the list of sucker-punches on youtube O'neil posted on here earlier IMO. I have a lot of time for the Bison and will be hoping they do well this year, but I think Patrick was right to be punished.

It makes it seem more even more of a nailed on certainty that Voth's will be reduced.

Cue the first big disagreement on this forum!! ha ha!

I'll have alook later and if I've called it wrong I'll come on here and admit I was talking bollocks!

Did he "Sucker-punch" him though?

From what i seen he gave him a tap in the back with his stick and then he skated up to him as the play was whistled down, he seemed to be talking to him and then punched him, as for excessive roughing whats that all about? I think it was more a big guy picking on the little guy sort of thing as if it had of happened to Voth or Maciver they probably would have hit him back.

Yep having just watched it again it wasn't as bad as I first thought. It wasn't a hard shot, but did seem to come from the side as Towe had his back to him. As you say it was more of a rough than a punch. However it was still more of a blindside rough than Voth's.

The problem is if you hit or rough someone from behind without them knowing it's coming it's always going to be viewed as dangerous.

On reflection it wasn't worth 3 matches (total) but was certainly worth more PIMS than Voth's which shouldn't have seen any ban (for the imaginary sucker-punch)

So on conclusion - A game for Patrick at most and yes I was talking bollocks earlier! :mrgreen:

Russky

perhaps DS would like BV to demonstrate of what a sucker punch REALLY is so he knows for next time as he didnt see one in the Degenais debacle!

We are one step ahead of Simms, if he thinks by having Brad by his side as match night guest will deter the fan's from giving him stick, he's duller than i originally thought.
Custer and Sitting Bull smoking a peace pipe at Littlebighorn springs to mind!! :lol: :lol:

Tony said:
I hope that's the case UB.
Well just lifted this from THF:

QUOTE (David Simms @ Sep 27 2008, 10:08 AM)
As for the Brad Voth appearing on the show, I have spoken with G and invited Brad on, either as an interview guest of a pudit for the whole show. We were expectinmg to hear yesterday and despite trying again, we havent had a reply.

Methinks he been turned down. Not a good move to be announcing your guests before they agree to it eh Simmsy! ;)

Koop11

Looking at this from a neutral angle for a moment, I think it would be great to have Voth as the guest commentator on this occasion. Brent is the TV guy and would do the best job of course but I think it would be great for the fans to have Voth sat along side Dave Simms.

Gazza272

Koop11 said:
Looking at this from a neutral angle for a moment, I think it would be great to have Voth as the guest commentator on this occasion. Brent is the TV guy and would do the best job of course but I think it would be great for the fans to have Voth sat along side Dave Simms.

I also think it would allow fans towarm to him a little more, he has a very laid back, fun demeanor about him and im sure that would come across in his words.