Sky live game - possible

Thread starter #1
Just checking sky remote record app on my iPhone, Saturday night at 7pm it has Live TBA as the show. When you click on the show it has a picture of a stick and puck. Looks like we maybe live :)

They could be holding back on releasing it to boost panthers ticket sales.

Thread starter #3
Didn't think sky travelled to Belfast due to logistics but that could be the reason it's on a Saturday night vice Friday.

A

Anonymous

If we are live Saturday then Sky wont need to travel to Belfast as we are playing in Nottingham!

It would be odd that Sky would incur the costs of a live production of a minority sport and not at least advertise it in the schedule. I doubt ticket sales for Nottingham would bother them half as much as ratings.

Hi guys

Obviously we have the SKY commerical package have just checked the commercial listings site and it does say LIVE Ice Hockey from 7pm-10pm so we could be lucky!!!

Will contact themn now and see if I can find out what game it is and keep you posted!!!

Obviously we will show this Live game @ The Pilot even if it turns out to be a Squeeler game :p

Have just contacted SKY they have confirmed that it is 99.9% a British Elite League Game but cannot confirm which game it is!"! :x

SKY man confirmed it will in the next day or too details will be released!!!

Its got to be Panties v Devils surely????

Finny

Initially it was supposed to be Nottingham v Cardiff, but they were keeping it a secret so that it would sell as many tickets as possible.

However, on THF they said this was cancelled as they would be showing the Cardiff v Nottm game in November, and didn't want the same teams shown so close to each other.
So they decided they would show the Belfast v Sheffield game instead. They've never been able to show live games from Belfast on a Friday night as the cameras have to be back in the UK for Premiership games on a Saturday.
However, there are no Premiership games this weekend due to the Internationals, and so this would be an ideal time to do it from Belfast.

And yet, there are now suggestions on THF that there will be no Live games until the new year when they will be showing them in HD. Which doesn't make sense as surely they would already have HD cameras for the football. Plus Sky seem to think they are showing it?

In which case hopefully it is just a case of the EIHL bluffing that they aren't showing it - so that ticket sales will be good.

So they decided they would show the Belfast v Sheffield game instead. They've never been able to show live games from Belfast on a Friday night as the cameras have to be back in the UK for Premiership games on a Saturday.

Finny im not sure thats the case TBH, they have shown Ulster games from Ravenhill on Fridays, so there must be another reason.

Finny

jester said:
Finny im not sure thats the case TBH, they have shown Ulster games from Ravenhill on Fridays, so there must be another reason.
Which company film the Ulster games though?

As I understand it, there are several companies that Sky use to film and broadcast their live sports. One of which is Televideo(?) who do some Premiership football games - and also did the EIHL last season.

It could be that the Ulster games are filmed by a different company who don't do Premiership football games the following day.

Wannabe2

First program will probably be a highlights program, shown on Fridays as usual first being the 9th, Sky may be at our gaff this Sunday but only to do links and taking our match coverage from our cameraman.

Sheincar

Wannabe2 said:
First program will probably be a highlights program, shown on Fridays as usual first being the 9th, Sky may be at our gaff this Sunday but only to do links and taking our match coverage from our cameraman.
on my planner looks like it's 1am on saturday