Sitting at NIHL games

Thread starter #1
Hi all
This topic is to gauge reaction to restricted seating at NIHL games.
As we obviously do not fill the stadium, we are floating the idea of only opening say 2 blocks for home supporters and 1 for away supporters. The idea is to effectively 'corral' supporters together to create a better atmosphere. Having a few hundred people spread about in groups of half a dozen does nothing for the atmosphere and when we had to allocate seating a year ago for an Invicta game the atmosphere was great.
Those that prefer to stand at the boards are welcome to continue to do so.
Would people object as they prefer the option of sitting anywhere or would this be acceptable?
Currently we don't have any mach day stewards so it would have to either just be done by making everyone aware or if anyone is available to volunteer to come 30mins before face off to help guide people that would be very appreciated!

I've often thought it would be better if we all sit together rather than trying to make noise scattered around a large and cold rink :D

Don't they say coals burn brighter together than alone? Well, you know what I mean :)

Earnie

It will be a cracking game tonight (Saturday). Regrettably I will be missing it but will be there tomorrow for NIHL 2.
As for attendance I think Kipper could answer that one better than I can.

I shall take a guess at 100 , sometimes 200 if visiting team bring a good crowd?

Earnie

On occasions like this when there is no Elite team playing at home for the whole weekend it surprises me that far more people to not attend.

These games give great value for money, and with future Elite players on show, but don't really get enough support at games. I personally don't think the club does enough to promote the NIHL 1 team? No space on the website, mention of upcoming games or fixtures. :oops:

Check out the Blaze's website pushing/airing their NIHL 1 North game tonight against Solway Sharks and actively promoting the team! :D

I also think the pricing could be looked at with say a child free with two paying adults or a discount for families or larger groups? This could help to entice more people on seats at our games?
Anyhow we will continue to keep supporting the team and here's to another 4 point NIHL weekend! :p :p

No Elite league hockey this weekend @ The BBT - SO GET DOWN & SUPPORT THE TEAM TONIGHT!!!

TheStub

I often thought a flex ticket may be a nice idea. Sell a 5 or 10 pack with a discount... that'll give the club the cash up front, and make people comit for multiple games.

I'd come to far more NIHL games if I lived closer. Great entertainment.

I go to see the NIHL side when they play in Bristol as it's relatively near me but haven't seen them play at the tent unfortunately as I do enough travelling watching the elite side :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2