Simmsey stirring the pot ! On 2 ales and hockey tales

I thought it was a great listen to be honest. Like or Loathe Simmsey he's a hell of a story teller (in my opinion) and he is feverishly loyal to his club which I can only commend him for. Regarding the stirring with the Netminders as has been pointed out above: a) There was no benefit of any kind for Mac who was on fire and heading for a shutout to go with Brust. b) I'm not completely sold that Brust has the fitness to skate far enough to engage Mac, let alone drop the catcher/blocker and chuck knuckles. The other part of the podcast which I though would ignite (terrible pun intended) the Devils fanbase was Simmsey's opinion on Pope.

Swarley

Simms really does love the sound of his own voice don't he lol, definitely entertaining listening to him spew complete fiction and preach it like it's gospel though.

jenks33

I thought it was a great listen to be honest. Like or Loathe Simmsey he's a hell of a story teller (in my opinion) and he is feverishly loyal to his club which I can only commend him for. Regarding the stirring with the Netminders as has been pointed out above: a) There was no benefit of any kind for Mac who was on fire and heading for a shutout to go with Brust. b) I'm not completely sold that Brust has the fitness to skate far enough to engage Mac, let alone drop the catcher/blocker and chuck knuckles. The other part of the podcast which I though would ignite (terrible pun intended) the Devils fanbase was Simmsey's opinion on Pope.
Haven’t listened to it yet. What does he say about Pope?

Wannabe2

Simmsy is certainly a very good story teller, many years ago he came to Cardiff it was a night with Simmsey and believe me is was a very very good night, so many funny hockey stories. Another thing no one can ever fault the man for is his passion for his club, he is a Steelers loyalist in every way. Really enjoy two ales and hockey tales with Wally just done his 100th podcast and it’s a blast.

To be fair, that's pretty accurate
It's 100% accurate. But that season in general, Pope and Ragan have become the "we don't talk about it" of The Cardiff Devils. It's been skimmed over by 2ales and hockey tales (on previous episodes) and I don't think it's ever been mentioned on Behind the Bench with Franny other than obviously how involved Franny was with bringing in our brilliant new/current owners. I've been hoping that Wally gets Mac Faulkner for ages so we (the fans) might get to know what it was like for the team to go through it. I guess Simmsey being so straight about him opened a few old wounds and also made me realise how little of how bad it got for the boys I actually know.

august04 2.0

If ever there was a testament to how the club has been run since the ownership change, it’s the reputation that the Devils now have in the hockey world. Because it was in the gutter before they took over.

moggy#9

He’s bang on about Pope.

He’s certainly added a spice to the game on Saturday now. Carruth v Brust looks on!
Assuming carruth starts the match, all he has to do it wait for brust to skate down the ice. Brust automatically gets tossed out of the match and we all have a laugh at how pathetic the Steelers are at having to resort to such tactics.

Temme

Assuming carruth starts the match, all he has to do it wait for brust to skate down the ice. Brust automatically gets tossed out of the match and we all have a laugh at how pathetic the Steelers are at having to resort to such tactics.
Brust stopped at the half way line last game., Therefore avoiding the penalty If there were a subsequent altercation.

If the goalies met at center ice there is no penalty for crossing the line to initiate.

moggy#9

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them take a run at whichever goalie we have in. I imagine that coach skalde will be telling everyone to stay calm and just take the power play opportunities.