Signings/departures 2010/2011 - All Other Teams

Chris

Administrator
Well their team certainly looks far better than ours that's for sure...

I'm going for a mid table finish for the Devils, anyone/all of the following to finish above us:

Belfast
Braehead
Nottingham
Coventry

Possibly even Sheffield

Still, at least i'll be in Nottingham for most of the season and can watch 'weapon x' lose his rag with anyone/anything/everything

Chris.

Great signing.....

That's the kind of quality signing needed on the top lines to be challenging for the league again this season...

Chris I've a feeling the Steelers will be up there as well next year looking at the signings they have made so far....

It's to early to predict but my gut feeling will be the teams will pan out like this...

1 to 4 ..Giants, Blaze, Panthers, Steelers.
5 or 6..Devils, Clan.
7 or 8..Vipers, Caps.
9 or 10..Hull, Stars.

I think our seaosn will depend on how good Pelle is. If he is better than Cullen (as some have suggested) then we should have a great top line and we may have a chance at the title. If he is pretty average then I fear we will have another boring mid-table finish.

Wannabe2

Firstly even though we finished lower than we would have wanted the season was far from boring. Secondly i wouldnt put us down at the moment, who knows how good Pelle will be, or what Mcrae will bring to the table, can Maxi show us just how good he is, how relaxed will Brad be this season, can Tylor get even better. Just how good will the final 3 signings be, how good will the new young local lad be. Richardson can be as good as any brit in the country, Hill gets better every year, Finnerty Lyle so much also depends on them, Alex and Ben are one year older, and can only get better. Myself if we sign 3 top guys to go with the talent that we already have, and we get the dressing room on song, then i believe we will a top force for anyone. Jesus we so so narrowly missed out on 2 trophies last season, whats to say we cant go one better this season, yes some teams have made some good signings, but as yet nothing to frighten us, and come the start of the season we will be ready for any of them, i firmly believe that. The show this year will be better than ever, and i think we will all be leaving the rink this coming season well pleased.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

I don't think Ryan Finnerty's role can be underestimated here at all. When he joined the Devils last December, within a matter of 2 games, he was demonstrating what a game changer he can be. Now as Captain and with hopefully a group of players who are all about the right atttitude and buying into systems, Ryan will be pivotal next season. :D

As for league predictions, how can any be made when teams are still signing players and no puck has been dropped yet? The team that wins anything will be the one that plays consistently well during any of the campaigns (league, cups etc) and NOT neccessarily the team with the biggest names/highest level experienced players!

DevilDom

oneill said:
Great signing.....

That's the kind of quality signing needed on the top lines to be challenging for the league again this season...

Chris I've a feeling the Steelers will be up there as well next year looking at the signings they have made so far....

It's to early to predict but my gut feeling will be the teams will pan out like this...

5 or 6..Devils, Clan.
7 or 8..Vipers, Caps.
9 or 10..Hull, Stars.
Based on signings to date this seems pretty spot on.

Our last 3 signings will have to be something for us to break into that top 4 and pretty amazing for us to challenge for the title.

Here's hoping for better though...............

wildthing74

DevilDom said:
oneill said:
Great signing.....

5 or 6..Devils, Clan.
7 or 8..Vipers, Caps.
9 or 10..Hull, Stars.
Based on signings to date this seems pretty spot on.

Our last 3 signings will have to be something for us to break into that top 4 and pretty amazing for us to challenge for the title.

Here's hoping for better though...............
Thats how I see it too.Based on current squads I would say the top 4 are the usaual crew.Even though we squeezed Sheffield out last year I think with Tait back and better imports already signed on top of their better Brit pack than us we are 5th at best.
Looks like a good competative league to be fair but these last 3 have to be the biz and Ben and Alex now are a must because we looking light on the Brit front.Shame that so many good guys are making the step down to EPL,presumabley feeling forced to because of the extra import.
No doubt bad for GB long term but thats another debate for a different thread.

ASHIPP

The new players to the Devils this year look as if they are as good, if not better than those they have replaced:

Pelle for Miller
McRae for Latulippe
Mark Smith for Romfo
(Sam Smith unproven at this level in UK but looks good prospect)

And the No1 centre and dman are still to be signed!

If that is an indication of the way the recruitment is heading, the final 3 slots on the roster will already have a wishlist of names against them and now it's a waiting game to see who is interested.Several clubs in the North American leagues are rumoured to be struggling/failing and there may be a pool of players there who will be available and possibly looking to come to Europe. It's time to be optimistic and not worry too much about individuals joining other teams, even if they are quality signings!

ASHIPP

rogue123 said:
Hope i am wrong but don't be suprised if Latulippe returns :cry: :cry: as the Devils 1st line centre :lol: :lol:
I love someone with a sense of humour! :lol: :lol: Let's hope it's a joke.

wildthing74

Oh dear.Anybody wanna buy a Jay playoff shirt? :lol: I suspected he would not be back when we signed McCrae.
I've got a lot of time for Jay and was great interacting with my kids but I guess if we are looking for a top line centre to replace Smithy,having Finnerty and McCrae signed up there is no room for the little guy.