signing/Line idea/speculation (is 4 lines the way forward)

Thread starter #1
The way I see it we can keep the majority of our players and win the league and sign quality brits!
This is based on we will resign all forwards bar Walton as I think he is retiring and Lahtanen can go.
top line idea
New import-Martin-Mychan The new import would be a playmaker who can still shoot the puck well, this enables good service too Martin and will lift Mychan, Mychan is a deffinate for me here as his energy is top draw and is a work horse.l Think of it like Getzlaf and perry two quality players who are given room by the gritty third player working the corners and controlling play around the boards mychan would do this extremely well

Second line/Third line (you'll see when I put third up I dont know)
Clarkson-Haddad-culligan
This same idea, Hadad is Great in both areas of the ice Yeah Not exactly an engine offensively But dooes very well! Clarkson is brilliant and keeps the puck well good shot he will never do badly just a must will work to create room.
Culligan is just pure speed energy with a great touch and shot think he would work well

Third Line
Morrisete(Dave)-Myers-Lord
A great gritty line will win face-offs and can also score goals so much energy and they thrive in both zones of the ice.

this is an idea would Blighter count as a Brrit???? If so sign him up and quick
Imagine a bottom line of

Blight-Jones-Piggot/maybe a brit signing

Would be a good line maybe Blight is wasted let me know what you think?

Defensively

Hotham-Richie
Best defensive pairing since weller was here
Marsh i assume will be retiring and I dont think Hudson or Hendrix will be here
So a Two way import with another import
Then a shut down pairing which we would sign from somehwere!

However I would love to sign Lachowicz(Forgive my spelling)
He would go great with a big import That is a DFD (Bissonete)!!

Cheers for reading tell me what You think (not about my sentence structure or spelling though) :?

Have Hope#35

Re: signing/Line idea/speculation (is 4 lines the way forwar

If we get Martin & Mo back I wouldn't change the Mo, Martin, Lord Line! It just clicked last season, no reason why it can't again... I didn't dislike Mychan but there's no way IMO that's he's a top line Forward! I'd also like to see Hotham paired with a stay at home D'man if we keep him?

Nrm

I think 4 lines is a must for the move to bigger ice...especially half way through the season. Next year will be tough!

Koop11

Whilst I would welcome 4 line hockey for a number of reasons, I’ve not known a club in the UK at this level ever put that into practice - at least not on a regular basis. With the new import rule next season, if anything this will reduce the likelihood of 4 line hockey being adopted.

bb1

I can certainly see at least 4 new imports.
I can see us trying our best to hold onto Hudson and Hotham. Both love Cardiff but I'm sure will get big offers.
Hendo was awesome at start of year until he got injured but he loves cardiff.
Marsh...well it's up to him what he wants to do.
Mychan and Tahitenen I can't see coming back.
As good as Dougie can be I think he maybe 50-50. If he played more like he did in Panthers games it's a no brainier for Lord. He's a big guy who has great hands and can fight with best of them. Problem is he went missing in games against Giants and Clan where he should have stepped up and fought.

Who knows. Whatever happens we will have a team that will challenge for a Grand Slam no doubt.

Ocko

I can't see Mychan coming back especially on a top line. IMO he isn't a good enough hockey player. His work ethic is great but he isn't tough enough to bring any intimidation (he goes missing more than Clarkson IMO) and doesn't rack up enough points.

I think Blight would be a great addition. He's a point a game player. Imagine someone of that quality coming off the third/fourth line. As a top line player, no he wouldn't be right but on another line? Perfect.

The fact we are in the BBT for half a season gives Hendo and Clarkson a big chance of coming back. Had we been on bigger ice I don't think we'd see both back, one of them maybe, but I would imagine we'd have gone for more mobility.

BostonBart22

I know i"m gonna ruffle a few feathers just my opinion but i think it will have a massive effect on the playing side of things" IF "we are to move to the new rink in jan/feb. the coaches may be thinking of signing players looking ahead of playing in the new rink, what if there is another delay of moving, imo devils should sign players destined to play at bbt all season.

bb1

With regards to Blight. I really dont think hes good enough for our team. We have the resources and money to bring in much better.
We need a clean slate and not keep bringING past players back.
I guess if Lord thought he was any good he would have signed him last season. Just look what we have in Haddad, Martin, Walton and Cully. These guys are a step above imo.
Not saying Blight isnt good as he is but there's far better out there and we're in a great situation where players are asking to come here

Jones72

He can come back if he brings back his sister and her gorgeous friend to sit in block 3 again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Foxy

No signings and we're working out lines..................

some people are very bored in the off season lol