Sign him up

voth26

hell no ok we wouldnt be bullied but he cant play he's slightly better than sharp!!!!!! total waste of an import slot. he said that he was leaving the panthers because there wasnt any one to fight, that says it all for me he'd rather fight than play hockey for points

I knew it was penner just by reading the comments...... Unfortunately not the answer.... He could start a row in a empty room but it's not what we need.

Decent video none the less, great post.

Welshy74

Thread starter #10
DelayofGame said:
I remember him being a real goon when he played in the league before leaving. Who's he playing for now?
Allen Americans in the CHL but banned indefinitely there. Not sure if this would cross over to other leagues

kettdevil1

Welshy74 said:
DelayofGame said:
I remember him being a real goon when he played in the league before leaving. Who's he playing for now?
Allen Americans in the CHL but banned indefinitely there. Not sure if this would cross over to other leagues
Probably not but we can live in hope..... completely useless unless beating seven bells out of someone.

Welshy74

Thread starter #12
kettdevil1 said:
Welshy74 said:
DelayofGame said:
Probably not but we can live in hope..... completely useless unless beating seven bells out of someone.
Oh the luxury of a spare import :lol:

kettdevil1 said:
Welshy74 said:
DelayofGame said:
For all the hype about him when he signed for Nottingham (Weapon X etc.) I was really disappointed. Just my opinion though. Not sure about yours and the Panthers fans.

wildthing74

Yeah he was plenty tough but could barely skate and made McMorrow look like Sid the kid.Would prefer a guy like the ones he fought Hoffman,Sawyer etc.
I agree with need an out and out tough guy to entertain though especially in our conference where we are up against the big boys.Personally I hope we sign a middle weight too,would love to see us make the BBT a fortress again for its last year.

When a player leaves a team under the reason "no one left to fight" it shows how little else they have to give the team. In this league we need tough guys that can play and punch, sure Penner could fight but that was very much the be all and end all of his game.

KaneDevils

When a player leaves a team under the reason "no one left to fight" it shows how little else they have to give the team.
To be honest, he's hardly likely to come out and give the real reason;
"the coach and all my team mates think I'm crap"

ASHIPP

wildthing74 said:
Yeah he was plenty tough but could barely skate and made McMorrow look like Sid the kid.Would prefer a guy like the ones he fought Hoffman,Sawyer etc.
I agree with need an out and out tough guy to entertain though especially in our conference where we are up against the big boys.Personally I hope we sign a middle weight too,would love to see us make the BBT a fortress again for its last year.
Size and real toughness missing from our roster this season. Too many times our defence has simply been snowploughed out of the way by bigger opposition players ...or role of protector rested on shoulders of one or two of our guys.

We have seen how important it is to have those elements in the team to compete in this conference. This seasons home record has been the worst in recent years ( before all our injuries). Whilst the Devils struggled to find road form a few years ago, at least they were virtually guaranteed home wins at BBT. It was a place hated by the opposition.

wildthing74

ASHIPP said:
wildthing74 said:
Size and real toughness missing from our roster this season. Too many times our defence has simply been snowploughed out of the way by bigger opposition players ...or role of protector rested on shoulders of one or two of our guys.

We have seen how important it is to have those elements in the team to compete in this conference. This seasons home record has been the worst in recent years ( before all our injuries). Whilst the Devils struggled to find road form a few years ago, at least they were virtually guaranteed home wins at BBT. It was a place hated by the opposition.
I agree but I still would not sign a fighter who can't contribute in any other way.We do not have the resource to carry an import and I think guys like him only have a place in our league if the team is stacked with top end Brits so can maybe 'waste' an import slot to protect the team.