Shirt off his Back Tonight - it's BizNasty time!

Thread starter #1
Just a quick heads up for those who like to buy SOHB tickets - tonight we'll be selling tickets for the shirt that Paul Bissonnette will be wearing in tonight's clash v Coventry Blaze.

If you would like to buy tickets please try to get them on arrival at the rink to ensure that you're in the draw - this is going to be a highly popular shirt and the period breaks will be frenetic.

We're hoping to have an extra ticket seller or two this evening, with the SOHB stand being manned in the period breaks to supplement the roving sellers. Tickets can also be purchased in period breaks from Viv in the front row of block 8 (seat B7) if you miss the roving sellers.

Dig deep Devils fans - this is probably going to be the only shirt off back shirt we'll be doing for BizNasty so it's going to be that little bit more desirable. Someone will be going home this evening with a little piece of Devils history. :Banana

Paul Sullivan

Have to say what a phenomenal job the SOHB guys did tonight. Huge crowd, massive demand, and they produced what must surely be the record ever sale for SOHB.

The 50/50 being £300 is also an incredible showing - just about tripling what it was only 3 weeks ago and the 50/50 sellers deserve a huge pat on the back also.

Well done everyone who contributed selling and buying.

In terms of the SOHB and also the signed Biz stick these are the things that help the club keep Biznasty in Cardiff and well worth a punt for a prize too.

Cracking job guys.

jimmy snels

Am i right in assuming then Paul that we are trying to afford to keep biz by merchandising him and doing it properly? Who'd have thought! :-D

Out of interest i wonder how far the club could push it without it being a bit to far? I think they might have been better saving the stick til the next big game for example to maximise the sales?

wildthing74

Pimp him out as much as possible I say :lol: if he is only here until December he has more than paid for himself and how many puck sponsorships???? Kerching!

The stick tickets were on sale tonight as it is the prize for the treadle at Thursday's quiz at David Lloyd. A god way to maximise sales and let people know about the event...which everyone is more than welcome to attend, just £1 per person (cheap plug!).

Thread starter #12
Wow, that was hectic :lol:

What a fantastic night for shirt off his back. Huge thanks must go to the lads who pitched in and helped us out this evening. It was greatly appreciated. Thanks too to all the ticket buyers who really did dig deep.

Tonight we blew away the previous "high score" for any single SOHB jersey by a pretty significant margin and I know the club are delighted, as is Biz who I spoke to briefly a little while ago.

You have to be in it to win it, as the saying goes. I had a dabble myself and ended up three numbers after the winning ticket :DWD

Paul Sullivan

Can't speak to the entire strategy of the Club regarding Biz but yes they are looking at ways of supplementing the costs incurred by him and them for being here.

I have had a few conversations with the Coaches and Club regarding events and ideas to add to this resource.

He is currently working harder than I think any Devil ever has off the ice and is a credit to his profession, his Club in Phoenix and us. Incredible attitude and professionalism from Biz. We are extremely lucky to have him and I suggest we all offer Chris Blight the drink of his choice for not only scoring a lot but being instrumental in bringing the guy here.

He's not a million miles off having us saying 'Craig who?' :lol:

wildthing74

Paul Sullivan said:
Can't speak to the entire strategy of the Club regarding Biz but yes they are looking at ways of supplementing the costs incurred by him and them for being here.

I have had a few conversations with the Coaches and Club regarding events and ideas to add to this resource.

He is currently working harder than I think any Devil ever has off the ice and is a credit to his profession, his Club in Phoenix and us. Incredible attitude and professionalism from Biz. We are extremely lucky to have him and I suggest we all offer Chris Blight the drink of his choice for not only scoring a lot but being instrumental in bringing the guy here.

He's not a million miles off having us saying 'Craig who?' :lol:
Craig Who? Indeed! Not to dismiss Weller in any shape or form as he was class personified but Biz is another level.We raised the bar with this signing and his social media standing will give us such a huge plug to future prospective Devils.How many new people have heard of us just because of his social media fame?!

James

Administrator
Something is certainly boosting MNL viewing figures. We've got almost as many people viewing online as in the rink these days.

Finny

Whilst on the subject of social media, it seems that Deeds has become mates with Cardiff City player Andrew Taylor - and he came to the game last night.
Has tweeted a couple of things about the game and although he is not at Biz's level, of the 13,000+ followers he does have I would guess most are Cardiff based.

Gazza272

I think a huge thanks should go to Mike and the Sellers who were selling during the period in play.

There was no need to give up the viewing time of the game but Mike and Co did to ensure everyone got their tickets. So I think big thanks is deserved there! :D

osh

Great work from all involved last night. Just a suggestion, but why not do his shirt as SOHB each week until he goes back in December? If hopefully he stays with us for the remainder of the season, maybe he could arrange to provide a couple of NHL souvenirs ( signed Phoenix shirt, stick etc ) which I'm sure would also raise a bob or two ( sorry about the use of the dreaded word 'bob' :lol: :lol: ). Maybe Stefanos could auction off a dinner for 4 in the company of Biz?

Finny

osh said:
Great work from all involved last night. Just a suggestion, but why not do his shirt as SOHB each week until he goes back in December? If hopefully he stays with us for the remainder of the season, maybe he could arrange to provide a couple of NHL souvenirs ( signed Phoenix shirt, stick etc ) which I'm sure would also raise a bob or two ( sorry about the use of the dreaded word 'bob' :lol: :lol: ). Maybe Stefanos could auction off a dinner for 4 in the company of Biz?
Surely it would devalue it though?

If he comes back and stays for the rest of the season - then do another one. But other than that it would reek of taking the wee.

osh

Hardly. A lot of fans would love to have the opportunity of buying a ticket once again, wouldn't devalue it at all. Make the most of things while he's with us. If he comes back and stays with us, do another 4 at least!! ( better than a Milam shirt eh)