Shirt Auction

Tyke Devil

Thread starter #1
Apologies if this seems a daft question, but can you tell me how the "shirt auctions" work please?

Of course I understand what is meant by an "auction" but any more info appreciated. (E.g. When do the auctions start? How do you make a bid? Do you need to have cash on you? How many shirts up for auction?...you know the kind of thing)

Many thanks in advance.

wildthing74

Its in the bar after the game and pretty much they sell them in shirt number order.Not sure what shirts they are selling as we will need the road sets 2's for Sunday unless they are using the challenge cup ones?
As for bids its just like a normal auction in that you just bid against each other until you think its too high as some go for crazy money and I in the past have been known to be a bit silly :lol:
I would expect you could get a decent one for about £180 but they can be over £400.

wildthing74

Paul Sullivan said they may even raffle a set too.I thought that would make less money but he said Sheffeild did it and made more than when they are auctioned.I guess everybody would happily buy a few quids worth and take a chance whereas maybe some dont even go to auction being put off by the prices. If you got a Weller for a quid you'd more than happy.

Tyke Devil

Thread starter #5
Cheers all.

Not really bothered about having a particular name/number. Team game and all that! ;)

Well, saying that.... there is one name/number I'd like to bid on...but I'll keep it a secret.

The "black" jerseys. I'd like to have one of those. Wish they would sell 'em in the shop.

Happy bidding!

Ger-Devils said:
The cup jerseys are up for grabs after the Coventry game- well I think he said that on the PA last night?
Yeah - I think so... and as per the play off quarters thread - I think they announced there'd be another one after the play-off game on the 27th

wildthing74

ledgend777 said:
Ger-Devils said:
The cup jerseys are up for grabs after the Coventry game- well I think he said that on the PA last night?
Yeah - I think so... and as per the play off quarters thread - I think they announced there'd be another one after the play-off game on the 27th
And then the play off shirts a week later on Ebay!Expensive couple of weeks :eek:

Oh lordy, don't know whether its a good idea to do the black cup jerseys after playoffs...
Win Playoffs- Prices go up BUT with playoff weekend = skint supporters... although if we win the playoffs, surely the playoff jerseys will demand more cash than a cup we were eliminated from, THAT SAID, its the old Rhino vs Quality jersey argument then... urgh...

Its gonna be a very costly month :lol:

Ger-Devils said:
i thought paul sullivan said:

vs coventry: Home jerseys (white)

vs ? (play-off quarter final) : away (red)

Post Play-off celebration evening: Challenge cup jersey (black)

Jenks said:
Ger-Devils said:
i thought paul sullivan said:

vs coventry: Home jerseys (white)

vs ? (play-off quarter final) : away (red)

Post Play-off celebration evening: Challenge cup jersey (black)
Yes, this is correct.

ASHIPP

Rang Devils office today for confirmation:

Home shirts set 2 (white) auction in bar after Coventry game

Away shirts set 2 (red) auction in bar after Quarterfinal playoff game 26th/27th March.