Sheffields ice painting fail

Hynod

Thread starter #1
Anyone else think net minders will struggle to pick up the puck behind the Sheffield nets this year?

Photo stole from Twitter.

Hope it's a joke, I've enough trouble seeing the puck now, but black on black is not good. If correct, will the league allow it?
May be the Steelers will be in all black, and hide there.

dave

Against the rules so I would image that being changed.. hang fire it is Tony Smiths club so maybe not

D

Deleted member 1337

I wouldn't want to play on that, especially not as a goalie or d-man and with our ice you couldn't see it or predict is because its so rough but no, I think it will be changed.(I'm talking about the black bit)

As for the rest - a very busy ice pad ill say that

Finny

dave said:
Against the rules so I would image that being changed.. hang fire it is Tony Smiths club so maybe not
Simmsy is claiming those rules only count in World Championship games. I assume he is talking nonsense and they are currently changing the EIHL rules to accommodate it?

dave

Nothing states that it is for worlds only.. Even if it was then surely common sense says it s such a poor idea. And we box 2 companies logos into one?? Crazy

Tyke Devil

Excellent exposure for the sponsors though! :lol: Now appearing on every UK ice hockey forum, twitter, facebook etc. etc.

Dark blue or black? It really only become an issue when there is a "did it, didn't it" cross the line call" Should be irrelevant though. If you use a black puck the ice in and around the goal must be left white. Just common sense.

Guess it could change yet though, the Ogilvie Group logo usually has blue writing on a lighter background.

Sponsors logo inside the net though?.....is that a usual thing?

Anyway...I'm hungry...going for a foot-long subway I reckon. Not sure why, just got a real hankering for one!

D

Deleted member 1337

Hopefully the league will do something, but with so many commenting on it they might change them of their own free will.