Sheffield v guildford

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
A pretty predictable outcome. Guildford didn't deserve much considering how awful they were at the back, and their apparent lack of a game plan. Mind you I don't expect much of any team with Ben O'Connor on defence.

The flames looked disjointed and pretty clueless most of the time. Though hook's work on the one goal was superb. I just can't understand why any team with an empty net will just dump the puck in and give up possession. Also the amount of time they took to set up their plays was ridiculous.

Meanwhile even down a couple of players Steelers looked good. I'm sure they'll get a much harder test tomorrow though regardless of whether they play us or the giants.

Ocko

Looking clueless and no game plan is a bit harsh. It was a good game, Sheffield just had a bit more quality but the flames stayed with them for 50 minutes. You don’t stay with the best team in the league for that long being clueless and without game plan.

You haven’t got much of a choice but to dump the puck 6 on 5 when the defending team overload the blue line. You won’t skate and pass through them at that point in the game.

ASHIPP

Steelers are usually finish really strong in p3 of a tight game. This has happened so many times this season. Credit to the Flames for holding out so long but no other team seems to have the depth and skill of the Steelers.
Flames are difficult opposition nonetheless - they were in the Challenge Cup Final against the Steelers.....something our team didn't manage to do this year.

moggy#9

Thread starter #4
Looking clueless and no game plan is a bit harsh. It was a good game, Sheffield just had a bit more quality but the flames stayed with them for 50 minutes. You don’t stay with the best team in the league for that long being clueless and without game plan.

You haven’t got much of a choice but to dump the puck 6 on 5 when the defending team overload the blue line. You won’t skate and pass through them at that point in the game.
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh, but flames did give them lots of time to set up and seemed to struggle to pick out passes and clear their zone. They certainly seemed to tire and the Steelers are relentless and do little things right.

doron

i thought it was a pretty good game, the third period was the one to kill the game off for Guilford. i enjoyed it.