Sheffield Social Media Fine

Skippy

Missed it.. would be interested to know what it was just to know what is and isn't allowed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skippy

Twitter suggests it was directly mocking a Panthers fan when the Steelers scored

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DevilDom

Not sure there is that much wrong with the tweet if you have a sense of humour, however opening up to a caption competition might have been a step too far.

jimmy snels

DevilDom said:
Not sure there is that much wrong with the tweet if you have a sense of humour, however opening up to a caption competition might have been a step too far.
Agree it's light hearted moving into bullying i guess.

Whilst I find this a little over the top as you see lots of teams in the NHL using social media for a bit of banter I find it more annoying/disrespectful the way Simms has mocked the whole situation on twitter. The guys a dick. Even Thompson got on board with it which I find crazy.

Devil94

Agree, would expect it from Simms but thought Thompson was better than that. It's funny, Simms is always the one talking about making the league more professional, by getting rid of player coaches and having a youth player systems etc, but his actions are often the ones that dampen the leagues name and drags it down.

Mooney#16

This is why I find this league laughable at times. A team gets picked up for what is unless you are the woman involved pretty much harmless banter (arrogant steelers again mind you) whilst the league does nothing about a coach and captain doing a public character assassination on one of its on ice officials for a call he got completely correct as per the rule book.

How can this league be taken seriously when it is more concerned about tweets than defending a referee from completely unwarranted attacks on his standard and application of the rules. Administering a professional standard in this league is pure lip service from the suits.