sheffield have re-signed......

jimmy snels said:
sounds like sheffield are keeping a core of good players. id like to see us sign richardson, kenton and stuuuuuuuuuu before long :)
For me the key signings are Ritchie, Hill and Josh Batch.

There was also a hint that all teams could play in coloured shirts at home next season. Steelers in orange, Belfast in Teal, Coventry in Blue and Nottingham in Yellow. Looks like we will be able to become the red army arfter all.

jimmy snels

Hynod said:
jimmy snels said:
sounds like sheffield are keeping a core of good players. id like to see us sign richardson, kenton and stuuuuuuuuuu before long :)

There was also a hint that all teams could play in coloured shirts at home next season. Steelers in orange, Belfast in Teal, Coventry in Blue and Nottingham in Yellow. Looks like we will be able to become the red army arfter all.
dont get me wrong mate batch and hilly would be welcome signings to :) i just think kenton and stuuuuuu are two of our best, most consistant players (as well as richie!) so id like to see them signed up and good to go. as a season ticket holder i think signing up a couple of our better players pre new season ticket purchase is a good way of showing us what we can expect. who would you like to see signed back up import wise at this stage?

on the red shirt front..... about time! iv always thought playing in red should be the done thing (understand it was league restrictions) considering no other teams play in red away iv never reallly seen the issue either!

jimmy snels said:
Hynod said:
jimmy snels said:

dont get me wrong mate batch and hilly would be welcome signings to :) i just think kenton and stuuuuuu are two of our best, most consistant players (as well as richie!) so id like to see them signed up and good to go. as a season ticket holder i think signing up a couple of our better players pre new season ticket purchase is a good way of showing us what we can expect. who would you like to see signed back up import wise at this stage?

on the red shirt front..... about time! iv always thought playing in red should be the done thing (understand it was league restrictions) considering no other teams play in red away iv never reallly seen the issue either!
Jimmy I beleive it's more to do with dark vs light rather than red vs black, it's a fast sport so I can understand why.

As for imports at the moment I wouldn't like to comment but Scott Matzka is a must. The guy is a machine at both ends of the ice.

DevilDom

I'd like to see the majority of the team re-signed, especially the Brits who have, in general, been very good all year (when comparing to other teams Brits). I think the difficulties will arise with the players on Uni deals who will obviously want better deals, and the fact that we will again want to utilise these next season means there are bound to be at least 3 or 4 changes. However considering we are 4th and have played the majority of the season with 8 imports I think this team has done ok, although we have lacked firepower particularly after the loss of Max and Brad. A few tweaks needed but I think if we don't have wholesale changes we could real challenge next season.

I'd be surprised if we had Matzka next season, he only came back due to the healthcare issues in France with his baby being due. Hopefully an extra year here will convince him to stay though!

I'd like to see Pierce and Frank back, i think it looks likely that Max will be returning anyway, I dont see Matzka or Dobben staying (as much as i would like them to) so replace these 2 guys with a Tylor-esque,for dobben, and a top-top supplier, for matzka, and then try to hold on to whoever else we can really!

Koop11

Richardson is my first signing every season. How many British defencemen are there out there who can play at this level. They are a commodity and for that reason Richardson would be my priority signing year in year out. At least until we can afford the David Clarke’s of this world (will we ever?).

Skippy

Flameboy86 said:
I'd like to see Pierce and Frank back
Can't see either of them wanting to come back, as a fan base in the main people haven't exactly been overly complementary of either of the guys all year.

Hope I'm wrong.

skippy said:
Flameboy86 said:
Can't see either of them wanting to come back, as a fan base in the main people haven't exactly been overly complementary of either of the guys all year.

Hope I'm wrong.
On the internet yes, but Frank in particular gets a lot of support from the fans whilst he is playing. That is what will matter to most players. Frank was acknowledging the support at Stevie's testimonial when his name was chanted.

jimmy snels

bluedevil said:
skippy said:
Flameboy86 said:

Hope I'm wrong.
On the internet yes, but Frank in particular gets a lot of support from the fans whilst he is playing. That is what will matter to most players. Frank was acknowledging the support at Stevie's testimonial when his name was chanted.
the reason for the critisism of pierce was obvious, he's only tried since xmas! he's been one of our better players since.

as for frank he's taken some silly pens at crucial times this season and been critisised at times.

i suppose it comes down to whether or not G thinks he can get better value for money or get more bang for his buck. i personally would like to build a more ballanced team than this year. we havent actually got a snipper at all IMO. or a checking blood and guts type player (tylor-esque).

I think we need Piggott in his lab to knock us up two more Pierces and two more Matzkas to feed them. Potential for three solid scoring lines then.

We have a solid core of players who should come back at the moment. What we want is to keep as many of our domestic players as possible; which of them would you dump? There's a world of talent out there to source imports from.

voth26

for me I dont think this is the time in the season to be discussing who should stay or go, ALL the team need our support, we still 9/10 games and the playoffs to look forward to before the season finishs

jimmy snels

voth26 said:
for me I dont think this is the time in the season to be discussing who should stay or go, ALL the team need our support, we still 9/10 games and the playoffs to look forward to before the season finishs
i wondered how long it would take for someone to say it! :lol:

i dont see it as harmful myself to say who you would like to see back and why. its only harmful i guess if players read negative comments which i would say hasnt happened yet? only people being positive about players they really like