Semi Finals challenge cup

Finny

James said:
wasn't our away panthers game double points. People seemed to have less of a problem with that.
I've never been happy with games counting towards two competitions. However, in the group stages there isn't as much difference in the results for the two competitions as it's not a two legged game.

Finny

I would guess so yes whilst the draw remains the score for the first leg of the cup game.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

James

Administrator
Finny said:
James said:
wasn't our away panthers game double points. People seemed to have less of a problem with that.
I've never been happy with games counting towards two competitions. However, in the group stages there isn't as much difference in the results for the two competitions as it's not a two legged game.
Fair point.

Not wanting to stick up for whoever's idea the doubling up games was - but what suggestions does everyone else have about when the away leg could have been? It would have involved an extra game plus travelling and with our schedule I'm sure we would have complained whenever it was.

Hopefully we won't be a goal down in Belfast with a minute to go and then the doubling up won't really matter.

ASHIPP

I'll probably get shot down in frames but trying to put a positive spin on these games.... :?

I can't actually think of any better mental and physical preparation for these than for the Devils to be playing Steelers and Panthers immediately beforehand, which they are. By the time the CC games arrive, they will already have played against two other teams of a v similar standard to themselves.