Season ticket

Thread starter #1
Hello everyone,
You may have seen my name here and there on the forum, I'm finally moving to South Wales (the wife got a good job offer in Abercynon). I'm definitely going to get a season ticket but don't fancy being on my own 30odd games a season.
Any advice on where to seat so I can meet good fans?!
Thanks
Sébastien

Wannabe2

All blocks are full of good people, but block 2 and 3 are pretty neat, and you would bea part of them in no time, good decision to get a season ticket, its gonna be one hell of a season

Sheincar

Really depends on what you're looking for. Block 8 has the drummers. Blocks 2&3 are the noisiest. Blocks 1 & 15 hold away fans mainly.

wildthing74

No brainer mate block 3 is your only option especially in row F and G.You will get a great welcome from everybody and you will be safe in the knowledge you are on the best block in BBT.
See you in August.

Will you be living in Abercynon? I'm a season ticket holder from Abercynon and sit in block 4 close to the loud bunch in block 3. We can't compete with the noise of blocks 2 and 3 but what we lack in volume we make up in cakes, sweets and other period break snacks :D

drainage

James said:
Pah! All this 'my block is better than yours' rubbish. Everyone knows the place to be is standing at the plexi.
Pah ! The noise block 14 make every time a sponsor ruins the view is legendary!

Note to team .....take them down the flipping stairs ! Ta thank you much appreciated Diolch !

BostonBart22

James said:
Pah! All this 'my block is better than yours' rubbish. Everyone knows the place to be is standing at the plexi.
t :lol: to right james especialy at the plexiglass by the away sin bin lots of noise from the big boys

I sit in block 11. Therefore, I would strongly recommend blocks 2-4.

My part of the rink has a lot of families in it and tends to be quiet, which is a shame because I'd like to shout but at least I have a good view there. Only reason I renewed with my existing seat.

In the new place I'll try to go where the sociopaths are.

Temme

James said:
This!

@Seb, we currently travel down from Aberdare - driving past Abercynon, although there isn't room to stand with us at the plexi in our season ticket spots (it's cramped at times!) There may be space in the car for a liftshare, although can't guarantee it until the season starts!

HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS!

You may notice that no one from block 2 has felt the need to explain why block 2 is better that any other blocks. A certain block, or rather individual in said block really does have an inferiority complex, but don't let that taint you view of Wildthing as he is one of life's good guys. ;)

One thing I would say, the away fans sit in block 1. There is great banter between the home and away fans that is almost exclusively good humoured. Very Very Very rarely the banta between home and away fans over steps the mark and the offending numpty is called to order normally by the fans supporting the same team as them and stewards alerted. I can not emphasise enough how rare this is.

For me the banta between block 2 against block 3 and block 1 is the reason to be in block 2. But I can appreciate its not for every one.

Sébastien, you will make friends in the BBT no matter where you sit. (or stand for that matter.) So it really is a case of finding just what you want.
I moved to South Wales for work my self, and was introduced to ice hockey shortly after. I can honestly say I have not met a nicer more welcoming bunch of folk than the hockey fans in the BBT.

Thread starter #20
Thanks for all the answer...
No idea yet where we are going to live. To start we are going to do a temporary house swap with my wife's parents. They are in Beddau.
But I'd think anywhere in between Abercynon and Cardiff...
But I'll be sure to let you know...