season ticket spot sales

jimmy snels

Thread starter #1
Over the xmas period i missed both the hull and nottingham games due to family commitments. Just a thought. With games becoming sell outs i wonder if the club are missing a potential revenue here. Could it be set up so that as long as the club knows your not coming they put your tickets on a reserve list. When all tickets are sold they'd then have a possible few extras. Maybe pay the season ticket holder half so there's a decent incentive to do it. Seems a shame that we're turning people away

DevilDom

Good idea, however if I couldn't make it I would be happy for the club to have all the revenue. I think the administrative burden of trying to refund part of the benefit back to the season ticket holder would be prohibitive to putting this in place otherwise and anything that helps the club has to be good for us as fans anyway.

jimmy snels

Thread starter #4
I suggest only a part refund to encourage people too be bothered to do it! Could make it easier than money with a signed player photo maybe if you do it three times? I don't know the answer but feels harsh to turn people away when I'm sat in the house

i think Cardiff City do this and then any persons seat they sell on they add as 'credit' towards a season ticket next season. So if they sell your seat 3 times and you have £5 a time then you would get a discount of £15 on next years season ticket.

Saves the admin of trying to refund on a game by game basis.

jimmy snels

Thread starter #6
Sounds good too me. Helps everyone concerned so seems a no brainer. Hopefully steve who we know reads here can let TK know.

DevilDom

Devil_Bluebird said:
i think Cardiff City do this and then any persons seat they sell on they add as 'credit' towards a season ticket next season. So if they sell your seat 3 times and you have £5 a time then you would get a discount of £15 on next years season ticket.

Saves the admin of trying to refund on a game by game basis.
That sounds good. Probably a bit late to put in place this season but definitely something for the club to consider going into to the new rink if crowds continue to grow.

jimmy snels

Thread starter #8
Would it be that difficult really though? I'd be supprised if it was even double figures. Set up a phone to txt your name and seat too and write them down to sell if required on the night

Sheincar

Have to say seeing empty sponsor seats irritates me too. Surely there could be something in place where they have to notify club 24 hours before FO if they're going to use all their allocation & any unused go on sale.

How about a free webcast?

Normally we'll only miss a home game if the kids are unwell, getting the webcast free in return for re-selling our 4 seats would be nice.

jimmy snels

Thread starter #11
10 free shirt off back tickets?

Basically give the ST holders an incentive to ring in their not coming and club can make some extra cash and not turn away fans

Before the panthers game, I saw TK and offered my daughters seat as she was unable to make it. Just give him the details and he'll let the sales desk re-sell. I was happy for the club to have the revenue as they make me happy every week [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drainage

Jo deVil said:
Before the panthers game, I saw TK and offered my daughters seat as she was unable to make it. Just give him the details and he'll let the sales desk re-sell. I was happy for the club to have the revenue as they make me happy every week [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Luckily this season we have had less mid week games so haven't missed any games this season missed a few last year due to work but this sounds ideal ....if I couldn't make it and didn't know someone who could use my ST would happily let them re sell my ticket

Probably just needs something out there telling fans how to arrange the re sale and good to go .....I suspect some of the sponsors seats are empty as they are enjoying hospitality ! But agree if they aren't being used tell someone .....it's not like the income isn't useful :D

Always try and make sure our three are used if we can't make it.Give them to family or friends and it has worked.Out of the people who have used them two of them bought season tickets this year and one other is thinking about one for next season.Think the free webcast is a good idea too.

Temme

Not sure on this year, but in previous years it's been forbidden to pass on your season ticket to anyone else!

I like the idea of a webcast though, would be awesome to get one to watch if I can't make it!

Temme said:
Not sure on this year, but in previous years it's been forbidden to pass on your season ticket to anyone else!

I like the idea of a webcast though, would be awesome to get one to watch if I can't make it!
A couple of years back we phoned the club and asked if we could do it and they said yes, as long as it was like for like. That is an adult could only use an adult ticket but we have had children use adult tickets. I don't make a lot of Saturday games but my wife does.If I couldn't pass on my season ticket I would stop buying it.

I rang the other week and as long as it covers the cost of the person it's fine i.e. Child can use adult as it would cover the cost of a normal ticket but an adult couldn't use a child's ticket.

jayemm

Sheincar said:
Have to say seeing empty sponsor seats irritates me too. Surely there could be something in place where they have to notify club 24 hours before FO if they're going to use all their allocation & any unused go on sale.
I agree with you. The "prawn sandwich" seats are annoying in lots of sports, but when they're in a small sold-out arena, they're a disgrace.

What if a "check-in" time was imposed. If they haven't claimed their seat 30 minutes before face-off the seat is released to the box office. It would need some entry control (like the Season Ticket scanner), but that couldn't be that difficult.

Sponsors pay a lot more for their seats than a standard season ticket. If restrictions are imposed on how they're used would it potentially affect the take up of those tickets in the future?

I agree in an ideal world they wouldbe returned, but I wonder if people wpuld bother buying them if they had to phone every game they were attending.