Season Ticket Renewal

Looking at the concept pictures on the IAW site there are going to be 16 blocks in the new rink and a fairly large walkway between the front row of seats and the plexi. Obviously, this may not be what we end up with but there will be plenty of options for everyone who currently has a season ticket. Those who like the front can still sit in the front row with at least five whole blocks worth of empty front row seats if that's what you want.

The club can't be expected to issue statements full of empty promises about the new rink at this point. Look what happened the last time we moved rink - we all chose our season tickets off a plan IIRC and then suddenly we were told the front row was going to disappear and the sight lines were shocking. At the time, I think we were given access to the new rink to help us better inform our seat choices. This was open to all season ticket holders (well, only seated IIRC because we have only been doing standing season tickets for a few years - certainly not the whole time in the BBT) but no one was given preferential treatment , no mystery "you pay for priority" lists - strictly first come first served. What this meant for me was losing my front row seat in WNIR and ending up in the back row in the BBT and I wouldn't go back now.

As for price of the season ticket, I personally don't buy one for a massive discount in ticketing. I buy one for the convenience of knowing that if I forget to buy a ticket for a match (as I have done this year - first year without a season ticket for 12 years and can't get a seat for the Nottingham match) then my seat is there for me. No fuss, no bother, no feeling of vague annoyance when someone is sitting in "my" seat :D

I'm just glad they've finally been announced and we can get sorted for the majority of next season :RAWK

Finny

With regards to "is a season ticket worth it":

32 x £15 = £480
So if a season ticket is £430 then you are getting 3 and a bit games for free i.e. most of the CC group games.

Finny

jimmy snels said:
Seperate point really but a lot of the standing people around by me would rather be on the half way line but moved to behind the goal due to terrible sight lines and people constantly walking in front of them. I certainly don't want to be dumped behind a goal further from the action.
That's fair enough. But I assume you're not suggesting you should get priority ahead of those who are already sat on the half way line and should be moved elsewhere to accommodate you?

Wannabe2

£13-43p per game to watch the best team in the league,awesome atmosphere, great entertainment, end of seat enjoyment.
£28 to watch the team down the road, no atmosphere, crap entertainment, dropping off to sleep in your seat. Tough call. : :lol:

DevilDom

The expectations and demands of some of our fan base our unreal for the level of outlay. I really can't believe people are having a pop at the management for this that or the other. Its embarrassing.

At this moment in time I implicitly trust Todd and the rest of the team to deal with each and every issue as fairly and amicably as possible WHEN they can. Let's just consider what we are moving from and take each step at a time. :DWD

Wannabe2

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Ocko said:
If they get a like for like in the new rink they are now licking the plexi, a completely different view.

And that exactly where some of them should be :lol: :lol: I've spotted a few on a bus
At least the Plexi will be cleaner than Sheffields.

jimmy snels

Finny said:
jimmy snels said:
Seperate point really but a lot of the standing people around by me would rather be on the half way line but moved to behind the goal due to terrible sight lines and people constantly walking in front of them. I certainly don't want to be dumped behind a goal further from the action.
That's fair enough. But I assume you're not suggesting you should get priority ahead of those who are already sat on the half way line and should be moved elsewhere to accommodate you?

No no, not at all finny that would be totally unfair as well.

Sheincar

DevilDom said:
The expectations and demands of some of our fan base our unreal for the level of outlay. I really can't believe people are having a pop at the management for this that or the other. Its embarrassing.

At this moment in time I implicitly trust Todd and the rest of the team to deal with each and every issue as fairly and amicably as possible WHEN they can. Let's just consider what we are moving from and take each step at a time. :DWD
If we were still under the old regime I could understand the problem, however if we were in that position we would have received all kinds of promises which wouldn't have been met. The owners cannot tell us any more at the present time and, list or not, I'm sure I'll find a seat that suits me.

Finny

In which case Jimmy perhaps the easiest option is to allocate everyone a seat based on where they currently are. Standing season ticket holders get initially allocated a front-row seat similar to what they have now - but get first choice of moving to an unallocated seat as their demands are likely to change the most. Then all other existing season ticket holders get the chance of moving their seat before it is opened up to new season ticket holders.

I'd guess that Kelman and the owners have seen the fuss 'the list' has caused and don't want to suggest a method yet in case it isn't possible once the rink is finished.

Being the positive person I am this season :lol: :lol: I will definitely renew mine and my positive thought for today is that after two more games Ragans season ticket runs out :Banana :Banana :Banana

ASHIPP

Yep where do I sign please? I will be delighted to pay up in full next weekend.

After the season we have had, I was honestly expecting next year's tickets to be much more expensive. And I get that they have to be because our current facilities are not great and the club needs to be attractive to players. Somehow doubt we are going to have those kinds of issues!

Now is not the time to be announcing player signings. The most crucial one ( our Coach) has already been confirmed. If this season is a benchmark, at the very least we will be enjoying an aggressive, gritty and entertaining team next year.....with the prospect of a fantastic new home.

To any Devils' fan wanting to enjoy this exciting new era, surely that season ticket is priceless.

drainage

DevilDom said:

Totally agree we haven't finished this season never mind in BBT!

If the list is still valid how can anyone know where there are on it ? I know roughly when I renewed but don't have a scooby when everyone else did so no idea if I am 1 , 50 , 100 , 200 etc but there are more than enough seats to go around ......suggest we wait and see it will all be sorted when it needs to be ......that's not now!

Wouldn't it be best to wait for the new rink to be nearly completed and let TK & his team decide the way forward into the new rink, I'm sure in a arena for 3500 people there be enough seats for all ST holders which currently stands at approx 650 / 700 people.

Wannabe2

devilflame said:
Wouldn't it be best to wait for the new rink to be nearly completed and let TK & his team decide the way forward into the new rink, I'm sure in a arena for 3500 people there be enough seats for all ST holders which currently stands at approx 650 / 700 people.
Sorry to be pedantic but it's 3,100 seats, only wish it was 3,500. ;)

DevilDom said:

Absolutely, Dom. It's embarrassing.

Why do "we" think we've the right to price the Devils' tickets? Todd, Steve, Lordo et al. have upgraded the on ice product from a beat up old banger to a Mercedes, so, like any upgrade, it may cost a bit more and have different seating.

The 2015/16 price (up or down) is more than fair for what we getting now and for those who'd prefer stand in a dirty old blue tent instead of sit in a sparking new arena to be proud of... I'm lost for words.

When we travel away we all sit and enjoy the game. What's the problem? Get over it!

mazza03

DevilDom said:

+1

mazza03

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Being the positive person I am this season :lol: :lol: I will definitely renew mine and my positive thought for today is that after two more games Ragans season ticket runs out :Banana :Banana :Banana
:Banana :Banana :Banana

Personally l prefer to leave ST alone and pay for each ticket, then when/if we move to the new arena l'll be free to cherry pick from several pre tested position's. What concerns me is my future neighbours, I'm kinda fussy and really hate seating in arena's being cramped and surrounded by peeps irritating me for 12 months would not be pleasant. So l'd rather know the dimensions of the seating space as well as the view.

Wannabe2 said:
devilflame said:
Sorry to be pedantic but it's 3,100 seats, only wish it was 3,500. ;)
IAW site states it's a 3,000 seat arena.

Copied from the site.

Ice Arena Wales is the keystone to the £400m International Sports Village (ISV) being developed at Cardiff Bay. When completed in June 2015 it will be the focus for ice sports in the UK, boasting two ice pads and seating for 3,000 spectators.