Season Ticket Prices Frozen

Gazza272 said:
If the players are willing to do a tell all thing after the season then It's only going to harm themselves. It's seemed acceptable this year for some players to be a conduit for locker room gossip to fans (see speculation about player signings earlier on in the thread) than a player on the ice. Going down to the level of those who have wronged you is never a good way to go.

In regards to announcements earlier in the year, it's pointless comparing seasons given that in those seasons we didn't have a coach who has only been in a job for 2 weeks.

This season has been a mess, no one can argue that. People didn't want Brent to coach or be GM anymore. He's been relieved of both duties and we have a coach everyone stood up and applauded for a few weeks ago. Folk got what they wanted.

Players making things harder for Whistle recruiting in the summer isn't something I want to see. I wonder why it is something others want to happen?
If the players did want to do something like a tell all, then I guess that's their choosing. I'd be surprised, but maybe things have been worse than feared.
This season has been a disaster, and like or not, the wider fanbase has been lied to by the back office staff, with the exception of Francine.

Maybe they'd like to warn their fellow professionals? Maybe they want to let the fans know what is being done by the club with the fans money?
Maybe they're just making it up.

The CDRA Feedback responses were incredible.
One shining example was assuring fans that all players have been paid by the club everything they were owed.

It's been highlighted by others that anyone saying anything negative about the management are hounded to produce proof, yet anything positive from them, or others, is accepted at face value.

It saddens me that the club is a laughing stock in the league right now.

I wouldn't stop anyone from getting a season ticket. What I would say though is to pay via Direct Debit. You're still supporting the club, but at much less risk!

"Players making things harder for Whistle recruiting in the summer isn't something I want to see. I wonder why it is something others want to happen?"

Why is it some people are happy for the management to carry on as they are?

Paul Sullivan

Ocko said:
I havent been happy with the way the season has gone and with the management of the club at all. If anything comes out about Ragan and Pope and the way they deal with the business side of the club I would welcome it completely and hope that it is well documented that they are harming the club. I pray for the day he sells up as much as the next person who was outside.

But one thing I wouldnt want is players doing a kiss and tell and putting off next year's prospective players. Whis doesnt deserve that and neither do the players that will remain and be with us next year. I get that there may be frustration and anger about mis management but the club isnt about Ragan or Pope it's built on the city and it's fans, with the support they've received I think they owe it to us to do the best they can to ensure we have a better future.

Wait and see what? Like someone said, is you know something that is going to harm ST holder let us know. I dont include players being sacked in that but more so the club going under etc.
I can see your point Ocko but my response is, as above, the actions of the management have already done the damage for recruitment purposes. Should anyone - sponsor, player, other, speak out then I see that as helping the fans see clearly the true goings on at the Club this season.

What is astounding to me is the willingness to accept on faith statements from the Club that are just not true, or have been hastily about-faced on to save money or face.

If there have been no mistreatment then there is nothing to worry about for them. However, should the truth come out and the chickens come home to roost, I find the previous implication that the players will have been in any way at fault extremely distasteful. Frankly that they have been able to perform anywhere near as well as they have all things considered this year says a great deal more about their professionalism, integrity and regard for the fans than anything that we have seen on Devils TV from our CEO / Milliner in chief.

I have said on another thread, that all that has changed recently is that we have removed G and replaced him with Whistle. Whilst I like Whis and what he did for us before, bringing him in for G does not fix the problem of the way our club us being run.

Right now I have massive concerns with what Ragan and Brent are going to do with our club – I don’t believe that Brents new title will mean he has less effect on the team compared to previous years – and that worries me. Based on what they have been doing the past few years, and as a result of this historic deterioration they have caused I am for the 1st time going to wait and see what transpires before I part with almost £500 for a non-product as it stands right now.

I normally pay in full up front as early as possible. I really want my season ticket as those who know me know I am very "precious" about the seat that I have there. But I do not trust that my money will give me what is being advertised right now, and so I will wait to see what does happen and then make a decision when more of the "facts" have come out. As things stand, we potentially have a coach for next season; we do not know the league structure of how many games we will be involved in. We have NO PLAYERS for sure at the moment for next season and we still have Ragan and Pope involved to a level that concerns me.

I do not know ALL the issues that are going on, but I have spoken to a number of different people - fans, sponsors, current players, ex-players, people in the business community etc - and there is a common theme and a very dark picture being painted about the current "owners" of OUR Devils - even if a fraction of what I have heard is true then I would have reservations about parting with any of my money.

I will be happier IF and when some of the current players re-sign etc - but right now I do not believe that any of them will want to be part of a Ragan-Pope run club. This is no slight on Whis, as I think he is a great appointment, but he does not fix the issues we have seen this season.

So for now, in order to protect my money that I would want to pay for a ST (even though the %age price hike is way OTT), I think it is far safer for me to wait and see. If people want to pay up blindly then that is their prerogative. This is has not been a normal season, and it won’t be a normal off season as a result. Our owners, and a lot of fans, fail to see the damage they have caused and if they don’t see the problem then I am worried that they will just continue to make the same mistakes over and over. I wonder if they even know what the word Integrity means, maybe if they learnt that we would not be in this situation.

DevilDom

Top post Chris. Pretty much sums up how I feel at the moment, although i'd go a stage further and say I'm not sure I'll renew my season ticket under any circumstances with Ragan still in charge. I'm prepared to wait and see and if I feel different next season will probably just buy individual tickets for games if the product is worth it.

Mooney#16

The season is a shambles. If you want to continue the roller coaster renew. If you've had enough don't pretty simple.

One thing that worries me is people referencing speaking to current players about the state of the club. It is stupid on their behalf to out a source whilst in employment and misconduct on the players bahalf. This is a professional sport where contracts work both ways. I'll be honest if a player had spoken to the public in a derisory fashion they should have been gassed. Real world. Misconduct leads to dismissal. I'm not throwing anyone under a bus but professionalism should be at work throughout a club. You cannot demand of management what you cannot conduct yourself.

Ragan and Pope have conducted their management poorly and made a great brand synonymous with controversy and poor practice but the more info that comes out via unofficial sources reflects poorly on the professionalism on some of those employed players present and past. Some of these spokes people should consider their actions impact on the reputation of the payers they want to help.

The inner workings may be shot but all involved have an obligation to make sure the Devils maintain a positive public image.

Paul Sullivan

People are making assumptions based on personal circumstances and the position of some of us who have opposed PR.

I am saying wait and see simply because I feel the information about the club's current state, as regularly stated by our CEO, is worth verifying before funding him further.

Let this season's obligations be met by this season's efforts, not next season's revenues.

I stand by the comment that if you do not mistreat people they will not react. To suggest that the responsibility for the state of the Club lies with the people that have been mistreated, or those who have pointed it out, is just spin away from the main points.

We're told we're in great shape. We're told we have not, and do not pay any players late. So let's wait and see what turns out to be truth and what turns out to be lies.

We all make our own decisions but I don't know how a family for example could look to hand over £1200 to this outfit prior to the end of the season.

But I will reiterate - what is a three year price freeze worth when you have no agreement to be the ice hockey operator in Ice Arena Wales? How can you even know what price you can set for tickets without an agreement that would obviously lay out costs and revenue streams?

Much has been said in public about the attempts to get a deal with IAW. No PR has been issued saying the deal has been done ergo no deal.

How can you offer three year anything, to anyone, when you do not know if you will be the people operating the team?

Wait and see.

drainage

Yet the Club have been trying extremely hard to re-sign several key players for weeks, prior to Whis even being brought in, never mind him being 'signed'.

Wait and see.
Hardly a surprise they have been trying to sign players ? Be more surprised they hadn't ? Also Sheffield have announced ST prices without a player signing being announced (or don't recall them being ) am assuming they are upto skulduggery , malpractice , treating fans like fools??

If you know something then why not say it? Or are you prepared to let fans part with money and then sit back and say I told you so? Serious question I don't have £445 to waste if you are so sure I would be be far happier you told me not to[/quote]

I would guess that Paul Sullivan is suggesting that some of the players will 'tell all' once the season is over and they are out of contract and no longer being paid by the club. If they do then we can all say "Oh, Paul was telling the truth". If they don't we can all say "Oh, Paul was lying".

If you want to renew but are worried about wasting £445, perhaps a DD is the way to go?

Finally, with regards to early player re-signings:

Last season both Faulkner's re-signing and confirmation of Batch's two year contract were announced in late February.
The previous season, Adams was announced as being on a new two year deal before the deadline.
In 2009 Voth's re-signing was announced in mid-February.[/quote]

Those early signings are hardly volume and that's my point ....you don't as a rule get much movement before play offs ? Especially if you get to play off weekend and may not get offered a new contract! Citing a couple of player announcements doesn't mean we can or should expect half a team, three quesrters of a team etc signed by now

Re ST as it includes a deposit if news is to come that suggests a ST isn't a sensible option I strongly suspect I won't get that back .... Hence my question to Paul he keeps alluding to things but doesn't say what and this may well be not the forum but it's not the only option

And if non signed players have something to say post end of season it's one not unheard of two not needed three their view and the truth is often somewhere between 2 peoples versions of reality

drainage

Paul Sullivan said:
drainage said:
If you know something then why not say it? Or are you prepared to let fans part with money and then sit back and say I told you so? Serious question I don't have £445 to waste if you are so sure I would be be far happier you told me not to
Helen I have been 'saying something' for months. All it's got is a couple of nice mentions on Devils TV, called a cancer (then removed from the edit) and grief / subtweets galore from many, including yourself. Which is not a problem.

You do as you wish with your money and I support the ST programme as a fine way to fund NEXT year's team. However I am merely suggesting a wait and see policy. See if the Club is in the shape Ragan claims. See if it can honour the payments due to its players and more with the money we were told the Club had as it's 'in the best shape for years' (tm).

Let's not use next year's vital money which Whis would surely need to fill this years hole. Let's not rob Peter to Pay Paul.

Wait and see.
Paul I know you have been saying something .....it's simply not specific hence my question. I think the sub tweet policy has been used by many including yourself for the record but as you say it's not a problem we are all entitled to express views /opinions

You are suggesting wait and see which means potentially a dearer option if people cannot avail themselves of early bird offers but without the specifics ......I am not privy to players wages , or indeed anyones other than my own but can only wonder why a team would turn up for work if not being paid ? I certainly wouldn't

Clearly I am not in the know

Mooney#16

Precisely. A fool and his money and all that. If you don't like the facts available as they currently stand just wait and see. As far as I know IAW has not gone into negotiation with any of the current incumbent customers on what will be the trading operation when open. Given my position I'd like to have that conversation with Chris Hartrey also to establish ice time slots. To play advocate you aren't paying for three years. You would freeze you price for three years. You could opt out by simply not renewing at each yearly interval. I'm not sure swinging the no tenancy agreement about at this point in IAW development has much bearing. Would seem Regan is trying to budget out his business long term to a three year strategy which I wouldn't overly blame him for. It would give Whis greater budget stability for starters. The three year freeze isn't the issue. The price rise is. But that works both ways. In three years time you could be quids in a face value tickets and watching winning hockey.

· We are offering all Season Ticket Purchases before 30th March 2014 a 3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE moving into our new arena. (price freeze only available for season tickets purchased before March 30th) This offer applies to BOTH season ticket renewalls and New Season Ticket Holders

2014-15 End of Season Ticket Prices will be charged at the following (details of early bird prices and standard ST discounts will be released shortly)
PRICE FREEZE SEASON TICKET PRICES (purchased before march 30th)

Adult: £445.00:

1[/quote]

Does this mean that £445 is not the early bird price, as per above highlighted paragragh?

I'm with DaveW, i would be more likely to sign up by the end of April, if/when, hopefully, things are clearer and we are moving forward to next season in the correct manner, with all obligations met!

An inflated price hike and a short deadline to sign up is a kick in the teeth for loyal season ticket holders!

Paul Sullivan

Don't be naive. The ability to offer a three year 'price freeze' is at the crux of the current pricing structure and is directly spoken to by the lack of agreement for IAW and therefore inability to offer any guarantees.

It's like me guaranteeing your petrol consumption for three years when you don't know what car I am giving you or whether or not I am allowed to handle the pump.

I'm not saying don't buy one. I am saying look past these magical, mythical three-year deals and use logic and (here comes that word) facts to base a purchase decision.

Plenty have said about not using emotive rhetoric when discussing employee treatment. Cuts both ways - the Club are doing exactly that to entice a false impression of stability which just does not exist.

They are planning on turning loyalty into gullibility and I hope most fans can see through that.

Wait and see.

jimmy snels

With us in eighth place I'll be honest how many of this lot should we want to sign anyway!! Id take lord mac kurka batch marsh but for me the rests places should be very much under threat anyway. "We signed a team to compete for top three, are currently eighth but don't worry because some of the fans have befriended them we best sign them up to do it all over again". First sign of stupidity is too do the same thing twice and expect a different outcome

Mooney#16

But you won't be paying for three years up front. You will pay for your next season with an assurance the figure won't then change on you for renewal. At best even if Ragan has pulled a fast one on a single season ticket you would only lose a few quid over that season and then you can vote with your wallet at renewal just like this time. In real terms you are talking about a financial swing of maybe £25. Not sure their is a massive issue here. Its a buy a season ticket or not issue not really a three year freeze thing. That's a gimmick. A punt the consumer has to weigh up. Surely that's everyday living. You might win. You might lose.

Sliput

Paul Sullivan said:
Don't be naive. The ability to offer a three year 'price freeze' is at the crux of the current pricing structure and is directly spoken to by the lack of agreement for IAW and therefore inability to offer any guarantees.

It's like me guaranteeing your petrol consumption for three years when you don't know what car I am giving you or whether or not I am allowed to handle the pump.

I'm not saying don't buy one. I am saying look past these magical, mythical three-year deals and use logic and (here comes that word) facts to base a purchase decision.

Plenty have said about not using emotive rhetoric when discussing employee treatment. Cuts both ways - the Club are doing exactly that to entice a false impression of stability which just does not exist.

They are planning on turning loyalty into gullibility and I hope most fans can see through that.

Wait and see.
You really cant help yourself can you !

Look at Dwoods post on here, it gives his opinion, in a way that isn't out to be the 'big I am' or 'I know something you dont'. Its a fantastic post with his opinion and the reasons.

The more you post the way you do the more people ignore you.

jimmy snels

Sliput said:
Paul Sullivan said:

Wait and see.
You really cant help yourself can you !

Look at Dwoods post on here, it gives his opinion, in a way that isn't out to be the 'big I am' or 'I know something you dont'. Its a fantastic post with his opinion and the reasons.

The more you post the way you do the more people ignore you.
+1

Thats the like button on here you know

Skippy

While we don't have a "like" button we do have an "add Ignore" button.

All you need to do is click on someones profile and "Add Foe"

Sheincar

jimmy snels said:
With us in eighth place I'll be honest how many of this lot should we want to sign anyway!! Id take lord mac kurka batch marsh but for me the rests places should be very much under threat anyway. "We signed a team to compete for top three, are currently eighth but don't worry because some of the fans have befriended them we best sign them up to do it all over again". First sign of stupidity is too do the same thing twice and expect a different outcome
Myers is on a 2 year deal - for what that's worth.
Kurka is supposedly on the biggest contract in the history of the club - can't see him getting the same or more next season so think he'll be gone.

Sheincar

DevilDom said:
Top post Chris. Pretty much sums up how I feel at the moment, although i'd go a stage further and say I'm not sure I'll renew my season ticket under any circumstances with Ragan still in charge. I'm prepared to wait and see and if I feel different next season will probably just buy individual tickets for games if the product is worth it.
+1